General AutoQuad Flight Board Questions

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

General AutoQuad Flight Board Questions

Postby Blakeanator » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:04 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to AutoQuad and have been browsing through the documentation but still have a few questions about the board itself. Such as: Can I use a 3rd party GPS board? Can I have proximity sensors trigger events? Does the AutoQuad board have to be at the quadcopter's center of mass to be most effective? I know it's a lot of questions but what's the best place to get these basic yet important questions answered? (Sorry if this forum board is not the right place). Thanks for your help!!

Blake
Blakeanator

Re: General AutoQuad Flight Board Questions

Postby LPR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Blake

Welcome to the AQ forum.

Many of the guys are very busy getting ready for the MF (Makers Faire) that's in Hanover on the 5th.

The AQ board has an integrated GPS receiver so it's not able to use a remote GPS. I have added a 10" cable to the antenna and have had it work great. You can find cables on ebay and if you search this forum you will find info on how to solder on a new cable.

The firmware is open source so if you can program you may be able to get to use proximity sensors to work.

Custom designs motor layouts are possible with the AQ board but there is no feature currently to offset the AQ board from the center of mass. Again if you can program in C++ you could add the offset feature. I would like to use it.

Larry
LPR

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller