[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Mission failsafe activation

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 am

joebar.rc

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby afernan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 am

afernan

Postby DWBB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:16 am

I find the memory card compatibility interesting. Can you explain if this is a compatibility issue, or a performance issue?

Thanks

D
DWBB

Postby jphelirc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Jussi & Bill,

Posted this on News area but this thread is even better.

I am a bit concerned about the GPS area design on board. Is there plans to revise it on next release? As they "must" be revised.

Got my boards and now after deeper examination I have found several issues.

It looks like there are a lot of vias/traces under current board. Also grounding seems to be way inefficient under GPS module and especially around antenna connector. And to have dc/dc switcher next to GPS module is a bit nono. Another biggie is the spectrum/s-bus connector on opposite side of the antenna connector, there are constant high frequency traffic that will interfere greatly with GPS antenna and GPS module.

There are few other things too on current board layout that should be improved but in generally, work well done guys.

Should we work a bit on that area :)

--jani
jphelirc

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 pm

kinderkram

J3/J4

Postby GoFaster » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:34 pm

What is the function of J3/J4 on the board? Should I solder some pin headers in there while I am soldering the other headers?

EDIT: Found it, relates to FTDI power and flash mode.
GoFaster

Magnetic inclination and declination

Postby GoFaster » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:20 am

Not sure if this should go here or in Calibration forum:

If I fly somewhere else, do I have to change the IMU_MAG_INCL parameter to reflect where I will be flying? Or is it only used during the calibration process?
GoFaster

Postby bn999 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 am

When you travel, you need to lookup the local inclination and declination and set IMU_MAG_INCL & IMU_MAG_DECL before you fly.
bn999

Re: Magnetic inclination and declination

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:43 am

joebar.rc

Postby Wingspinner » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a few questions related to the VN100 option:

1. Were the aircraft flown in the famous videos showing the amazing flight precision using the discrete sensors or using a VN100?

2. Does an AutoQuad board with a VN100 require the same (or similar) tedious calibration process?

3. In your experience (I guess this would be for Bill) does the VN100 equipped AutoQuad perform better or worse than the standard sensors.

4. Can I order a AutoQuad6 with a VN100 installed or with i ready for Vn100 to be installed?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Thanks!
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller