[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby JussiH » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 am

Post your questions about the Autoquad 6 system in this thread...we are noob-friendly, but do us a favor and read the wiki before you post a question, in most cases the answer will be there if you look for it....
JussiH

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby GoFaster » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't fly Spektrum or Futaba, only XPS.
Is there a rough estimate as to when PPM support might be available? Thank you.
GoFaster

Postby graham_newton » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi

The performance looks amazing!
When will the next production run take place? If I dont get a board now, when is the next opportunity?

Thanks
graham_newton

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 pm

kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 pm

kinderkram

Postby adfar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Congratulations for this great board !

I'd like to use it for a special purpose of recording raw datas (IMU and other slaves devices connected on the i2c bus). So I'll need to go into the code (I had a first look : I can say it looks great), but before to go further (it looks to be huge too ;)), I'd like you confirm what I need is possible, please.

About the main fusion matrix update rate :
- What is the variable name of the main matrix attitude ?
- I'll need to desactivate all the navigation functions, and the PWM outputs (where to look ?)
- Increase update frequency of the main matrix (actually 200 Hz ? but I'd like the maximum possible).
- Is the main matrix update driven by a timer interrupt (where to look to increase frequency ?)
- create a new file log on SD and save RAW datas on it (where to look ?)

Hardware interrupt
- I'll need to insert a new hardware interrupt (Highest priority possible) on an accessible pin (one of the PWM pin reconfigured for that purpose ?)
- I don't know CooCox OS, it looks powerfull. Could you please describe in a few words the benefit of this code architecture (like priority tasks ?), and what kind of hardware it uses (timers ?) ?

Timers available :
- How many timers are available for new timer interrupts (How many timers are already prescaled and which are actually used for the PWM outputs ?)

I2C BUS :
- Is there existing components on the accessible i2c bus (I don't believe ?)
- What is the maximum speed we can get on the i2c bus (over 400 KHz ?)
- Where is the source code concerning the i2c to tweak it a bit if needed ?

Serial to USB :
- For debug purpose, we can use a simple FTDI 3.3V to USB2 cable is that true ?
- You say it takes approx 1 minute to flash the firmware by this way, but we can use a ST Link

SPI :
Optionnal SPI pins accessible : it's not critical for my application, but is it possible ?

IDE, compiler :
- Do you know if it would be possible to build with a free IDE, like ?
I can see it supports :
STM32F405RG, STM32F407IG, STM32F407VG, STM32F407ZG, STM32F415RG, STM32F417VE
and ST link V1 and V2 (20 pins SWD accessible on your board on J6, is that true ?)

Do you see any reason it will not work ? Because you know... Hackers and personnal developers don't like to purchase IDEs !

Do you think this board is the one I'm looking for, about my needings ?

Thanks in advance for your answer, because that's a lot of questions ;)
adfar

Postby roxyboby » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 am

So from the posts the AQ-6 does not at present work with a Futaba Transmitter. Is that correct? I have a Futaba T7C
roxyboby

Postby JussiH » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:06 pm

JussiH

Postby adfar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:03 pm

For sure, it could be a great advance with the CoIDE or any other opensource IDE. Because it supports STM32F4 and it's free.

Could you please tell us when te i2c bus would be implemented ? Because it appears it's not on the source actually ?
adfar

Mission failsafe activation

Postby mactadpole » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:19 pm

I noticed on the wiki it says: "Failsafe events during mission: during the execution of the mission, a radio loss signal is ignored until the last mission command is executed."
I just want to clarify how it would work in a hypothetical scenario. I would like to fly above a dense forest environment and take advantage of gaps for take-off/landing sites. I want to be able to take-off manually (or auto) and maneuver up through the canopy until I reach clear airspace and then start a waypoint mission. Once the copter moves beyond the trees I will surely lose radio signal, but I want it to continue the mission and then return to a set altitude above the take-off point. At this point I want to land it manually or auto-land.
When it says it will ignore radio signal loss until the last mission command is executed, does this mean it will not execute the failsafe operation until the last mission command is completed? I assume it does. So, as long as the last waypoint is directly overhead and radio signal has been re-established it should all be fine for the landing.

Also, I didn't notice on the wiki (maybe I missed it) if you were able to establish a heading lock for waypoint missions. Can you?

Much thanks, Shawn
mactadpole

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller