[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby Crizz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:40 pm

I cant even understand it. ESC32 is only connected to the Flyduino CP2102 UART, have ven tried with 5v/Gnd/Tx/Rx only. No motor connected, no battery, no AQ. Have tested 4 of my 8 ESC32, still the same. Powerjumper is set to v5 ( powered by board ), checked that 5v is okay, red LED flashes when bootjumper disabled, okay. What i do wrong ?
Crizz

Postby LPR » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Crizz

I just connect three ESC32 with four wires and they all work. All three QGC I have work, 1.0.1, 1.3 and 1.5 do connect.
If your only connecting with four wires and the drivers for the Flyduino CP2102 are good and you have the right port and baud rate, it should work.

You need to connect the USB for the FTDI to your computer before you start the QGC so QGC can detect the port it's using while it's opening.

Larry
LPR

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi crizz,
Do you know that you have to connect rx from esc to tx from uart? And otherwise tx from esc to rx from uart
Tom

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Crizz,

I am having exactly the same issue with my ESC32.
I am using QGC 1.5 for Linux locally compiled.
Power Jumper is set to V5
I am using the flyduino UART CP2102 with only TX, RX, 5V and GND connected
no motor connected, no PWM connected, no CAN connected
BOOT0 shortened
Then powering the ESC32 by connecting to USB, no LED flashing.
Going in QGC, and start flashing and this is the output I get:
Testing for ESC32 bootloader mode...

/home/duke40/qgroundcontrol-build/release/aq/bin/stm32flash ttyUSB0

ESC32 not in bootloader mode...

Attempting to force bootloader mode. Connecting to ESC32...

Serial link connected. Attemtping bootloader mode...

Failed to enter bootloader mode.

I then connected using QGC to ESC32 to check FW installed, but I only get FW version: [unknown]

no idea what is going on, but it seems not to be an isolated case.
I will now test connection using CLI In the hope to isolate the root cause of this behaviour.
I can connect to the AQ using the very same PC and QGC and UART, so Port and Drivers are for sure OK.

Further I swapped as you mentioned TX and RX, but the I get not even connected.
Connecting using PuTTY, I am able to get the version at least it says ESC32 ver 2.0.0.6018 so it really looks like an issue with QGC.
Last edited by DUKE40 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Crizz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Larry, i tried almost everything. And with 1.5 , you can swap connections and let the GUI re-scan ( button right beneath the com-windows), so far it works.

Set the connection to 8n1, no flow control ( just need fc when connecting the AQ6 board , doesnt work without i figured ).

I tried several steps, with and without setting up the COM in GUI first, with or without "connecting" in Com-Setup before trying to access the ESC32. I´m totally puzzled at the moment and have no idea whats going wrong here. At most i wonder that the one ESC i already had running on QGHC 1.3 for one time with my FTDI-UART, but even this dont wanna talk to me again.

Which baud-rate i should use ? I tried 57.6 k / 115 k / 230 k - same game each time.

@Duke : good to know that i´m not the only one with this problem - was close to think this little thing is more intelligent than me ;)
Crizz

Postby LPR » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Crizz

You need to use 230400 baud rate.

When you open the QGC do you have the port for the FTDI your using show up in the ESC32 link window?

Using the windows QGC you are not able to select port settings like flow control.

On the windows QGC you must not connect to the normal USB connect link when you are connecting to the ESC32.

Only connect to the link that is located under the "ESC32 Setting" tab.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LPR

Postby Crizz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 pm

will check tomorrow, Larry - workbench is two floors below, and to be honest i´m to lazy to go downstairs at this time and booting laptop, wiring ESC and so on - guess in the morning it makes even more sense than after a long day :)
But will be back to you asap to check this.
Crizz

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 pm

So for me, currently only CLI is working.
Unfortunately I do not know how to get the ESC flashed with the latest firmware using CLI and also how to proceed with the calibration.
Also changing the CAN_ID does nto seem to be working.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Using the CLI I am able to change parameters but for example entering bootloader as command,
It says:
Rebooting in boot loader mode...

and that is all, nothing more happens except both LEDs on the ESC32 being on.
I have not found any possibility to change the CAN NET ID through the CLI, nor to flash a new FW or perform a calibration.
All things I need to configure the ESCs for my planned use.

Hopefully we will get this sorted out.
Best regards,
DUKE40

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller