[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby Max » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 am

Following up on restoring saved params after a firmware update because someone asked this question elsewhere.

"Para to SD" doesn't work for me. Nor does loading a .param file with anything except the IMU_* values. Not sure why. It works for Christof, so maybe it works for others as well. I haven't dug through the code to determine what exactly is going on with "para to sd" (not even sure if this is a QGC feature or if it is supposed to trigger configWriteFile() in config.c).

I came up with the following procedure... From QGC I use the Save File button (in the All/Onboard Parameters windows), which saves the current params to a text file. I then open that file in a plain text editor and edit it so it is just the parameter name and value, one per line (a quick search/replace does the trick). I also change the CONFIG_VERSION to something like 105 (needs to be higher than the current CONFIG_VERSION in the AQ ROM). I then save this as PARAMS.TXT onto my SD card. Then I can insert the card into the AQ and load the params from there.

As Menno described above, if you boot the AQ with the SD card inserted and a PARAMS.TXT file on there, then it will automatically load the params -- but only if the CONFIG_VERSION in the PARAMS.TXT is higher than the version currently in AQ ROM. I do this when flashing new FW version, so when AQ reboots it automatically loads my settings (I then have to reboot again for the radio settings to take effect).

There might be an easier method but I haven't found it yet. We actually need to put this in the docs, I'm just not sure what the best procedure is at the moment (one that works for consistently and for everyone). I realize that people who compile their own firmware often just change the values in config_default, but I don't like doing that for various reasons.

-Max
Max

Postby epyonxero » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:31 pm

epyonxero

Postby GoFaster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Sounds like you are trying to load a mission?
The method Max described is automatic, when the AQ boots up.
GoFaster

Postby epyonxero » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 pm

It turns out my PARAMS file was named PARAMS.txt.txt which is why it wasnt loading automatically. I fixed it and now its working fine.
epyonxero

Postby leopold1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 am

When using telemetry, does the AQ6 provide battery power status in the GCS or do I have to add additional HW for measuring?
leopold1

Postby Max » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 am

Yes, AQ sends actual battery voltage via MavLINK to QGC and the AQ Android app. Assuming your battery is powering the AQ board directly, not via a BEC.

-Max
Max

Postby rput » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi all,

my apologies if this can be found somewhere, but in my defence, I did look everywhere I could think of.

Is there any documentation on what exactly the different parameters do under 'special settings'?

Things like MOT_START and MOT_MIN and really all of those settings are not entirely clear to me, I can assume I can figure it out, but this typically ends bad ;)

Thanks,
Richard
rput

Postby chschmid » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Maybe you have a look here.
On my firs quad I used the ESC32 with standard settings and it still flies very well.
chschmid

Postby rput » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 am

Thanks for the response chSchmid, that is what I am looking for except I want the FC parameters and not for the ESC.
rput

Postby chschmid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:51 am

You can find some here

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller