[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby Wingspinner » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby Kisssys » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Wingspinner » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby Kisssys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 pm

The board I refer to is the board I made to carry the VN100 and then plug into the AQ6. In the picture the top is the VN100, then the adapter board and then with the VN100 soldered on.

After you get your's flying and are unhappy with how it fly's, I'll send you a adapter board for free.
Attachments
VN100adapter.JPG
VN100adapter.JPG (109.58 KiB) Viewed 12676 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PARAMS.TXT file question

Postby Max » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 am

On a different subject, I noticed that after flashing new firmware to the AQ, if I have a PARAMS.TXT file on the inserted SD card then it will automatically get imported (not sure if that happens right after the flashing process or on the next boot). This is very handy!

My question is: does the params file get imported on every AQ boot, if it is present, or only after a new firmware is installed? Or does it try to go by CONFIG_VERSION number?

BTW on my system CONFIG_VERSION never seems to change from 100.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 am

Two setting:
DEFAULT_CONFIG_VERSION & CONFIG_VERSION. (in this case the 100)
When first boot, the DEFAULT is the CONFIG_VERSION. When you upload params using the QGCS, the CONFIG_VERSION will be used.

The param file on the sd card is loaded when then config_version in that file is higher then the default or what is already in flash (using the QGCS AQ param upload) . So if you set it to 101 then it will replace the params.

Yes it will be read every boot, but unless you increase the config_version on that file it will be discarded
joebar.rc

Postby Max » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks Menno. I found the sequence in config.c as well.

So basically we can use CONFIG_VERSION to manually control which version of parameters is being used. And by default the PARAMS.txt file on SD card will only be used on first boot after flashing new firmware. Very nice.

-Max
Max

Export/Import settings

Postby Max » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:56 am

What is the recommended procedure for transferring AQ settings to a newly installed firmware version?

Saving to SD card no longer works for me, for some reason. Some settings are saved, but not all. If I manually try to Load from SD, then all my settings are reset to zeros or non-numerics. It worked once, but not since then.

Using the Load File from QGC (not the one where you load the generated .params file, but in the other Onboard Parameters windows) does not seem to work either. It loads the saved file into the current view but won't transmit to AQ because it thinks nothing has changed.

Is everyone updating the settings manually, or am I missing something? I do realize I can re-load my generated .params file, so that's not a problem, and the motor mix table can be saved/loaded separately. It's all the other settings like PIDs, radio type, gimbal, etc.

If I save all my settings manually as #define statements in a .params file, will that work?

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby sandmen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 am

sandmen

Postby chschmid » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:30 am

I wrote a settings.param with all the #defines that are not standard. I load this file after the calibration.param file and then save to ROM.
It worked fo me so far.

Best
Christof
chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller