[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad 6 Q&A

Autoquad 6 Q&A

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Autoquad 6 Q&A

Postby Crizz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 pm

okay okay, so guess best will be putting copter and parts into buero and do by try & error - in my working room at the basement i dont have real fast i-net connection and trying several DL is boring.

Even guess that i have some problems running QGC on my Win7-64bit Laptop. GUI is running, but cannot connect to ESC, neather with Arduino-FTDO nor with my original FTDI UART. Flyduino only works with the AQ6 at AQ-mode ( 3 V ) , but ESC cannot be "connected". Are there known problems with 64-bit windows OS ?

My ESC32 are sadly not equipped with the SN65HVD232D , but i guess it´s worth to add them and wire by CAN instead of PWM. Doesnt make any difference from now on, wont get in real useage this year, to many problems caused delays and season is almost done. So i have the time to prepare for 2015 - even though it sucks because of all the money i spent to this project within last 10 month....

But, i´m sure to solve last problems with your help, guys. thanx alot for your kind patience with me !
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Which version of QGC do you use?

You could try 1.3 or 1.2.1 to connect the ESCs:
ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/g ... l/Windows/
kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:00 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 am

Hi Jörg,

this raises a question for me. In the documentation it is written, that in case of the use of a lipo with more than 3S, one should use the V5 and power the ESC from either the AQ or another 5V source.
I plan to power my Quad with 4S and would like to minimize the cables, thus I would like to know if this is necessary/strongly recommended or only a recommendation, as this requires additional wiring as I will use CAN Bus for the signal to the ESC32.

Thanks and best regards,
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:35 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:03 pm

meanwhile, it drive me nuts. Tried every QGC vom 1.21 to 1.5r6 , only 1.5 gets connected to ESC32, but says at "Firmware" : "no ESC32" or "unknown". Used Flyduino UART at the AQ6-Connectors but with 5V vom second pin-row.

If i get the time i´ll try at my 32bit Office PC, i´m really in doubt it is caused by that 64bit OS on my laptop and i´m digging where nothing can be found.
Crizz

Postby LPR » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Crizz

I had the same problem even though I have been able to calibrate ESC32s in the past.
Then I finally remembered that I only connected four wires. Just connect the ground, 5 volts, Tx and Rx and you will have no problems with connecting to the older QGC. Can't remember for sure but I thought I had a problem with 1.5 QGC.

Larry
LPR

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Crizz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:46 pm

its very strange here.... cant get any success with my damned ESC. Even on my 32bit PC no connection. Either the GUI say "not connected" ( v 1.21 / 1.3 / 1.4 ) or it says "connected" but "Firmware:unknown".

If i try to flash other ESC-FW, the lower versions says "ESC32 not in bootloader mode already" (though bootjumper is closed), v1.5 says that sync is missing. What the heck busted me there ??
Crizz

Postby LPR » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Crizz

If you only connect to the Tx, Rx, 5 volts and ground you will not have a problem!!!
Both flashing and calibrating will work just fine. DTR and CTS connections are not needed and can cause your problem with connecting.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller