[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Cannot test individual motors any more. SOLVED

Cannot test individual motors any more. SOLVED

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Cannot test individual motors any more. SOLVED

Postby hogster » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi all :)

Another chance to play, another problem :(

I wanted to do some single motor tests to see if I can reduce my vibration problems, and previously using GCS 1.3.1 and DIMU firmware version 372, I just reduced the number of motors in the mixing table from 8 to 1 (the one I wanted to test), saved the settings to the volatile memory and away I went.

Since upgrading to GCS 1.4.0 and DIMU 399, doing a magnetometer calibration in the garden, and a TARE, this single motor testing now seems impossible :(

I reverted back to DIMU 372. Same problem.
I tried DIMU 402. Same problem.
I went back to DIMU 372 again, and tried GCS 1.3.1 (the exact setup which worked originally a few weeks ago). Same problem :evil:

Why does the AQ insist on driving all 8 motors even when the mixing table only has 1 motor listed? I've just spent the best part of an hour getting nowhere, and I'd really appreciate some help :(

Many thanks for any input guys :) David
Last edited by hogster on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hogster

Re: Cannot test individual motors any more

Postby LPR » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:09 pm

David

For some reason the motors mix is not getting loaded properly is my guess. The way I turned off the motors was to change from PWM to CAN and the motors I set to CAN would not turn.

Larry
LPR

Postby hogster » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Larry,

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. It does make me wonder what part of the motor mixing table isn't getting loaded though ... I will experiment when I next have some spare time and will report back.

Thanks for your help :)

David
hogster

Postby hogster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi all,

Larry – I've just tried this suggestion and it still doesn't work :( Even if I set the signal type to CAN or CAN-H all the motors still spin :(

I will try upgrading to the latest firmware on the AQ and seeing if that helps.

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, David
hogster

Postby DUKE40 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:44 pm

I had exactly the same issue, even storing to the permanent memory and rebooting the AQ did not work.
I changed all the motors I did not want to run to ports unused, this worked OK.
But there should be an easier solution as this means at the end entering the complete mixing table again.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby hogster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Duke, thanks for your reply. It seems I now have a slightly different issue to you, as detailed below ...

Ok so upgrading to 407 broke my SBUS link :( I went back to 402 (a version I already had on my computer) and the SBUS at least works now.

On the mixing table front, my changes DO appear to take effect, but only after resetting the AQ with the reset button. Choosing to save the options to the volatile memory doesn't work, which is infuriating as it used to work fine and I don't know what broke it! :(

The method above is useable, but it was so much easier before to have a motor mixing table consisting of one motor, and by simply changing the port number, clicking Save to AQ and choosing volatile memory, I could immediately begin driving the next motor.

Can anyone shed any light onto this please? It's as if the saving to volatile memory doesn't work ... and yet when I click Refresh on the parameter table, my changes do appear to have been saved. I've tried arming and disarming the AQ, but it doesn't help – only saving the changes to permanent memory and resetting the AQ actually activates the changes in the mixing table.

Many thanks,

David
hogster

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:56 am

I've noticed the same thing quite often after it previously working. I'm using r396. After changing the mixing table, The board needs to be power cycled for the changes to take effect. I'm using PWM.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: Cannot test individual motors any more. SOLVED

Postby hogster » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Just to say I've been doing lots of single motor testing by power cycling the board after each change to the mixing table, as Glenn mentioned above. Not as convenient as it used to be (and I still don't know what's changed), but at least it's workable.

Cheers :) David
hogster

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller