Retractable landing gear with AQ

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Retractable landing gear with AQ

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu May 22, 2014 2:13 am

Hello everyone!

I'm planning to build retractable landing gear system for my copter and was wondering if anybody has done this with AQ before. I think that the radio channel passthrough should work, but what about failsafe and auto landing? The landing gear should be lowered every time AQ attempts autonomous landing. How can I do that?

On a side note, can AQ board power two servos from a motor port after soldering the port's bridge, making it supply 5V, just like it is powering the Rx? How much current can I draw this way from the board?
LordPikaChu

Re: Retractable landing gear with AQ

Postby Max » Thu May 22, 2014 5:40 am

Angel made a couple versions: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2721

There's currently no built-in method to extend gear during failsafe event. Not a bad thought though -- set an output port to a certain value when failsafe kicks in. Could also be used to trigger an SOS broadcast or locator beacon... :)

I wouldn't power servos from AQ. Maybe something very small... but doesn't seem worth the risk (eg. stalled servo, shorts, whatever).

-Max
Max

Re: Retractable landing gear with AQ

Postby LordPikaChu » Sat May 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks for pointing me to the thread, Max. I'll ask around if someone has been able to resolve the failsafe issue with landing legs. :)
LordPikaChu

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller