[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Severe vibration issues

Severe vibration issues

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Severe vibration issues

Postby Max » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Max

Postby s_sergiu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Max and Kinderkram thank you for reply.

Sergiu
s_sergiu

Postby epyonxero » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Do you have a video of the multicopter in flight? Im curious if your problem is similar to mine where the vehicle kind of bounces up and down in PH.
epyonxero

Postby chschmid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Bouncing up and down is usually a navigation altitude Tuning Problem. Check the wiki. There is a nice vid explaning this behaviour and Tuning.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby hogster » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi Max,

Just to let you know I finally got around to trying your test firmware ... and it's exactly the same as before :(

A short while after hovering it starts making its quiet *zing zing zing* oscillation and starts drifting in a certain direction quite noticeably (in this case backwards). If I give inputs on the sticks to keep the platform level, the HUD tells me the platform is tipping forwards :(

As you can see from the attached ACC plot, I'm still fighting a strange biased vibration which tends to be more positive than negative on Y and more negative than positive on X :| The full log file is available to download here if anyone would be so kind as to try and debug this problem with me:

http://www.horizonimaging.co.uk/rcgroup ... es/30-7-14

I've got some M3 rubber mounts here which I will try placing between the chassis and the AQ as a last resort ... I don't know what else I can try :(

Many thanks for any input chaps, it's much appreciated :)

David
Attachments
2014-07-30_2019 ACC plots.png
ACC plots
hogster

Postby LPR » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Max

I tried your mod firmware on my octo and there was a big change in how is flew.

The wobble was completely gone with the change in firmware. I'm afraid I did not look to see the version I was flying with probably around r396.

The only change from defaults was to lower tilt rate D to 24600 for both firmwares.

The large octo with 17' x 5.5 props does have divergence in alt/pos hold. I'll try lowering D some more but I have two ESC32 and the rest are Simonk ESC so what could be some of the cause for divergence.

I'll upload the two videos tonight.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:17 am

Here's the links to the youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YweLrqGU4Wc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8JrLrhD9bE

Both videos are of the octo with default settings except for tilt rate D at 25600.

Larry
LPR

Postby hogster » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi all,

A month later, slightly better news :)

I've now tried mounting the AQ on the four M3 rubber damper I mentioned earlier, and the 'zing zing' noise has gone! I was able to hold a very stable hover in my small garden in slightly windy conditions. Also the platform didn't have its tendency of wanting to fly in a particular direction as it used to do here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3542

Strangely, the vibration level is the same, if not worse than before, see attached. :|

Interestingly, I've just spotted the 'zinging' noise in the MOT plots from my flights back in July – it's clearly visible as very sharp individual spikes. These spikes are *not* visible in the MOT plots from today's flight, but the MOT data is a lot more noisy.

I don't really know what to make of this – in one respect it's better, and in the other respect it's worse! :roll:

I will experiment making the mounts softer still and report back ... can't promise it will be immediately though ;)

Many thanks for any and all advice,

David
Attachments
2014-07-30_2019 MOT plots.png
MOT plots from last month with the hard mounts. Not as noisy but with 'zinging' quite clearly visible
2014-08-29 ACC plots.png
ACC plots from today – noisier than before =( Maybe because it was more windy? ...
2014-08-29 MOT plots.png
MOT plots from today. Noisy but no 'zinging'
hogster

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:59 pm

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller