[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Crash after numerous flights without problems

Crash after numerous flights without problems

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Crash after numerous flights without problems

Postby LPR » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:47 am

Duke

To run one motor at a time you can change the motor control from PWM to CAN on the motors you don't want to run.

Your vibrations is what caused the graph of your motor PWM values to look like you have a lot of motor clipping. Once your vibration are under control everything will be good.

I think the crash caused the vibration problems because you have been able to fly well before the crash with your old AQ board..

Larry
LPR

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:40 am

Hi,

I will proceed as described here by Larry, Christoph and bluuu, checking all components for eliminating vibs.
Further I am now convinced the additional weight in the front due to the gimbal was one of the main factors for the first crash, even if I had one or two successful flights with it before the crash.
Most probably the additional weight combined with the gusty wind coming from the front was way too much for the setup.

Now first of all I will performed all steps to reduce vibs as much as possible, ensuring the baby fly again. Then I will start thinking about the camera and maybe a reduced lighter gimbal nearer to the CG.
My AlexMos gimbal will remain on the ground till I someday build a new copter (perhaps an hexa or octo).
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Trnquill » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:03 am

If you find a motor (or motors) causing the vibs even without any props attached you might want to replace the shaft(s). In every crash you risk bending the motor shafts since they are VERY easy to bend. So, check for straightness (vibrations) after each (even minor) contact with the ground.
Trnquill

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:02 am

Hi,

thanks everybody for the advises, I hope to be able to solve all issues based on the provided information and advises.

Joerg:
I might be thinking of changing the frame as well. The frame you use is quite expensive, do not know if I will be able to get the budget approval for it :oops:

By the way what is the total weight of your quad?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:56 pm

First step of the testing my two left motors are unbalanced and are causing vibrations. Not very strong, but when adding the props I am sure those vibrations are intensified. I will now have to balance the motors.
But first I will replace the shafts.
I have never done this before, so I hope I will manage to do it.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:26 pm

I have the old version of the MT2216-11 motors with a shaft of 3.17mm, those are not anymore available anywhere.
I will probably have to move to the new version of the motors with a 4mm shaft.
What a pity.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:22 am

You can buy generic 3.17mm motor shafts off ebay for cheap.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Now the Quadrocopter is rebuilt, and the first flights show clearly a lof of motor clipping.
So I need to find a way to solve this as it was real slow flying, a little windy, but should not have this impact.
I have T-Motor MT-2216 with 10x5 EProps.
Should I go for 11x5 props? Would this solve my problem of motor clipping?
Best regards,
DUKE40

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller