[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ board not booting up, red power light on

AQ board not booting up, red power light on

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

AQ board not booting up, red power light on

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue May 13, 2014 10:56 pm

I've got an AQ board here which I was running the AIMU on with r224 successfully for a while, and yesterday got around to installing the DIMU and flashed r380 onto it. I installed it in the copter, connected to it and configured the radio and mixer etc, and everything was looking good, but after arming it and raising the throttle above 0, the motors would start, but there was no response to the throttle above the starting speed, and tilting the copter didn't produce any speed changes on the motors.

I reconnected the battery to investigate, and now the board just powers up with the red power light on, but doesn't progress further than that. I am able to reflash the firmware, but am unable to connect via FTDI cable or 3DR radio.

I'm really hoping the board hasn't died. I checked my DIMU soldering, and it's all clean with no solder bridges or anything, and I have ground wires on the connections for my LEDs and gimbal tilt. Nothing was connected or disconnected while it was powered on, so I thought I would be safe from any voltage spike issues on the MCU. I have the recommended resistor on the telemetry signal line.

Has anyone seen this before and know how to proceed from here?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: AQ board not booting up, red power light on

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue May 13, 2014 11:45 pm

I've just removed the DIMU and flashed R224 back on and it's now booting again.. hmmm.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby JussiH » Wed May 14, 2014 1:27 am

There may have been some failing DIMU - I will of course replace failed units under warranty. The catch is that I need you to send them back for examination....

Before we do that: Id like you to try the following to make sure its not a boot problem caused by off DIMU params.

Load the latest experimental from FTP, R386

This contains the default IMU params for a DIMU, so it should just boot and show a relatively normal HUD (not spinning)

If it does not boot, Then put the below file on the uSD card, insert and reset. The debug led will light up on boot and then blink to confirm loading of parameters from uSD to ROM. Remove card and reset board.

PARAMS.txt
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
JussiH

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 14, 2014 2:37 am

Alright thanks, I'll let you know how I get on.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 14, 2014 10:26 am

I've flashed R386, and the board now boots with the DIMU installed, but it's not behaving normally. I can connect via FTDI cable in QGC, and the HUD moves which shows the IMU is being read, but the parameter list hangs at 'Requested param list.. waiting' and often the serial connection will disconnect after 10 seconds of connecting. I'm unable to write any values.

If I flash R224, I don't have any issues, but it seems the AIMU version of R386 causes the same problem on this board with the params not loading and the serial disconnecting.

I've tried reflashing DIMU R380 again too, and now it'll boot, but I get the same behaviour as with R386.

I've also tried swapping in the working DIMU from my other AQ board, but it does the same, and I've also reflowed the solder joints on the DIMU socket, and verified again that there are no solder bridges or unsoldered connections.

I have also tried two different FTDI cables, and different USB ports to rule them out as the issue.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby JussiH » Wed May 14, 2014 11:07 am

Uncheck "use HW flow" in QGC serial port settings
JussiH

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 14, 2014 11:22 am

Looks like that did it. Cheers
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter