[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Some Questions (PID parameter, PWM, IMU_PRESS_SENSE) FW 7.0

Some Questions (PID parameter, PWM, IMU_PRESS_SENSE) FW 7.0

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Some Questions (PID parameter, PWM, IMU_PRESS_SENSE) FW 7.0

Postby Florian75 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Hello,

i have 4 questions concerning the FW 7.0 rev. 373 b1706 (for the new DIMU):

1. The default PID-Parameters are different to former fw-Versions. Do i have to start with the new parameters or should i take my old values? Is there a change in the PID-Controller?

2. I use a PPM-Signal to control my copter. There is a new parameter "Arm PWM" what can i do with this value? I tested some values but i can't see the sense.

3. My ESC32 are controlled by PWM. With the new FW the AQ generates a PWM only in ARMED Mode (I can see this with a Scope). So the ESC32 are flashing red while the AQ is in DISARMED Mode. Can i change this with an parameter or is this a new intention?

4. I use the new DIMU. I found in my parameter list a parameter "IMU_PRESS_SENSE=0". Do i habe to change the value to "1" if i want to use the new Sensor?

Thanks for your help.

regards
Florian
Florian75

Re: Some Questions (PID parameter, PWM, IMU_PRESS_SENSE) FW

Postby rput » Mon May 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Definitely not use the old values for the PID. I made that mistake and had to rebuild....:(

I wonder too about your question #4 as it may explain why my LOG_ALT_PRES seems to follow the GPS instead of the pressure sensor readings.
rput

Postby joebar.rc » Tue May 06, 2014 7:01 am

joebar.rc

Postby Florian75 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 am

Thanks for your answers.

Why does the AQ gives no PWM to the ESC32 in DISARMED Mode? It is a little bit confusing.

Any hints for my question #2?

regards
Florian
Florian75

Postby sandmen » Tue May 06, 2014 7:45 am

Why you need a PWM Signal on esc when it's not armed?

ARM PWM ? Can not find this Parameter.
sandmen

Postby Florian75 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Last edited by Florian75 on Wed May 07, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Florian75

Postby bluuu » Wed May 07, 2014 8:35 am

Green LED - ARM
Blinking RED indicate no PWM on input.
Try to ARM, then you can see green led.
bluuu

Postby Florian75 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Hello,

@bluuu
Thanks for your answer. It works, this is not my problem, but its confusing compared with the old version :-)

now i have another question to Question #1:

Why are the PID Values so different?
The New default value for DEFAULT_CTRL_TLT_RTE_D is 34600 in an older Version it was 7180. And why are some Max. Values lower than one PID Value (CTRL_TLT_RTE_DM = 9999 , CTRL_TLT_RTE_D = 34600) If the DMax Value should limit the D Part of the PID-Controller, why is the D Value higher than the DMax value???

regards
Florian
Florian75

Postby Florian75 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Florian75

Postby chschmid » Thu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Sorry Florian I can not answer the "why" question. But it works.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller