[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Maiden flight = almost instant ESC burnout

Maiden flight = almost instant ESC burnout

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Maiden flight = almost instant ESC burnout

Postby hogster » Wed May 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Max,

I'm running 372 and the GCS is v1.3.1. I believe I got the firmware from here:

ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... -dimu-1.1/

and the GCS from here:

ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/g ... ntrol/Mac/

Should I be using more up-to-date versions?

Thanks for the tips about the motors – it makes sense and I will continue to look into the issue.

Cheers, David :)
hogster

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 07, 2014 3:51 pm

David, did you activate the "legacy" data set box at the bottom?
kinderkram

Postby hogster » Wed May 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi Norbert,

Sorry where exactly is that option? I couldn't see it in the main tab, Data tab, or the serial port settings window ...

Many thanks :) David
hogster

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Me sorry, too. :?
Since I´m no Macian I use the v1.4 Windoze versions. It´s not in the v1.3x Win versions btw. - that was changed in v1.4 (where it is called "Default" and already checked.)

data-sets.jpg
data-sets.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 11470 times
kinderkram

Postby hogster » Wed May 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Norbert,

Ohh ... I guess that feature hasn't made it to the Mac version yet as 1.3.1 seems to be the latest, judging by the modified dates in that FTP directory I posted above? I don't have the options to choose between Data Sets (see attachment).

Is it worth updating the firmware on the vehicle to a later version to see if that helps? Or do you think it's a GCS issue?

Many thanks for your prompt replies :) David

EDIT: Aha! The telemetry works in 1.3.0! So something in 1.3.1 must have broken it ... worth noting!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 17.49.44.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 17.49.44.png (26.28 KiB) Viewed 11469 times
hogster

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks for reporting, David.

Issue noted and addressed by Max.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Wed May 07, 2014 10:51 pm

Ah, thanks, and sorry for the confusion. 1.3.1-OSX was a quick fix for a crashing issue a couple users had, in the middle of some other changes, so I must have mucked it up somehow. If 1.3.0 works for you, use that for now until I can do a 1.4 OSX build.

Now back to the real topic at hand... :)

-Max
Max

Postby hogster » Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 am

No problem :)

Whilst I continue to investigate this, can someone tell me if those motor readouts look normal? They look amazingly spiky to me, but I guess making very quick changes is what keeps a multi-rotor so stable.

Also whilst I'm looking into BLHeli - how does this differ from the SimonK code that seems to be all the range, and comes pre-flashed onto many new ESCs these days?

Many thanks, David :)
hogster

Postby hogster » Thu May 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Continuing to think on this topic, could these very high vibration levels be causing the noisy motor demands?

I seem to remember someone saying vibrations should be under +/ 1 or 2G – it seems my values were peaking much higher :(

Do I need to rethink how I've got my AQ mounted?

In other news, it appears that motor is fine, it was just the ESC that burned up :) But why on earth should the ESC just burn up like that :( Can the ESCs really be that unhappy with the AQ? CarbonCore have had no other issues with these ESCs and they predominantly use DJI flight controllers.

Many thanks for any help, David
Attachments
noisy acc values from first hops 8-5-14.png
Are these ACC values too noisy?
hogster

Postby Max » Thu May 08, 2014 9:20 pm

That is a lot of vibes. Though with the motors not running smoothly, that would also cause extra vibes. But that's really a lot. Yes, excessive vibes will definitely cause spiky motor outputs (but the opposite is also true, rough motors contribute to vibes, and then things can get really out of hand :) ). How is the AQ board mounted now?

-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller