[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CarbonCore Cortex X8 - AQ suitability?

CarbonCore Cortex X8 - AQ suitability?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: CarbonCore Cortex X8 - AQ suitability?

Postby JussiH » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Like 3 bundles of hair, exactly.

I found this to make less of an impact than twisting the ESC input DC wires and keeping the wiring eminating out from a central point in straight line. That is the single most important thing to do in any MR build, since what it does is to reduce the induction potential in the wiring, thus reducing unwanted magnetic fields and putting less strain on the ESC input capacitors.

I am still not clear on if the board is inside the frame or on top. If its inside the frame along with the ESC´s and all the DC wiring you may be in trouble....otherwise, I think you should ok, unless there is a lot of tangled up DC wiring inside the frame.

But try and see what happens in flight and post a log and some pictures of the setup. That will tell for sure if you are in good shape or not.
JussiH

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Jussi,

I'm a little bit frightened now when reading through the post regarding 'magnetic fields' from power wires.

Could you have a look at this post here viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2920&start=20#p18764 showing the planned component layout for my FPV quad?
Two ESC32 were near the AQ6, the power lines of the frontal ESC will run on the outside of the frame, between the frame sides and the nylon standoffs (on both sides).
Do you think this will cause any trouble? I intend to switch over to the DIMU once you have them at hands; will this reduce the effect (if any)?

Rgds
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby JussiH » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 pm

I once built a 50CM DEX quad that had all the ESC´s within a few CM from the FC, and it flew good until I dropped it in a pond...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEXA3kzA8Y

I took great care in making a power harness that had twisted wires and ran along the outer circumference of the body, about 4-5 cm away from the board. ESC´s was connected with small Microdeans connectors, so that I could make wires exactly the needed lenghts and avoid hoops or loops.

The killer in terms of electomagnetic noise is bad power distribution. You dont need fancy PBDs, but if your DC wiring is a complete mess that is just stuck inside the body with a lot of hoops and loops you can expect trouble with the AIMU mag estimations. Getting your power distribution right, is the single most important factor for EMI elimination in any MR.

DIMU will change things and makes it easier to fly noisy frame because the mag is only used for initial estimations and is not active in flight.
JussiH

Postby hogster » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:03 pm

hogster

Postby JussiH » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:13 pm

David,

I dont think you will have problems with the mags with that setup. Looks fine!
JussiH

Postby hogster » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Great to hear, thanks Jussi! :)

Now I've got some new problems :(

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3004

Thanks again for your help! David
hogster

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller