[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad stuck in some errorneous state? (help!)

Autoquad stuck in some errorneous state? (help!)

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Autoquad stuck in some errorneous state? (help!)

Postby johandm_be » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi,

Earlier today my AutoQuad got stuck in a weird state and I cannot get it out of it anymore.
The last 2 things I did was:

1) I loaded an SD card with "esc32.txt" and rebooted it
2) I flashed an older firmware on it, and re-loaded the settings using QGCS.

For some reason my AQ cannot connect in QGCS anymore - at least not in runtime. It connects, I get the audio prompt: "standing by" and then a second or two later it says: "connection lost".

When it disconnects, this is the error that is shown: "serial port \\.\COM18 Could not send data - link serial port \\.\COM18 is disconnected"

I can then immediately re-connect and it will stay connected, and the UI's artificial horizon will respond to me moving the board, but it does not load the "onboard parameters" display. I cannot save any parameters, it gives error messages.

Oddly enough: if I place the jumper then I can still run the firmware upgrades just fine! I tried several times changing between AQ "aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev1.hex" and "aqv6.6.1-rev2.hex", and the firmware upgrade succeeds fine. (same PC, same serial port).

I have tried:

* resetting the parameters to factory defaults with the params.txt on the SD card
* rebooting my PC
* 2 different TTL-232R-3V3 cables (both of these used to work before)
* reinstalling QGCS
* QGCS v1.3 RC2 and QGCS v1.3 RC1 (both of these used to work before)

I am several hours into this and I am getting nowhere.

Attached are some logs:
* "001-AQL.LOG" and "001-MSG.LOG" : these are on my SDCARD
* "gcs.mavlink" this is QCGS' log (zipped)

Curiously, the last line in "001-MSG.LOG" is: "GPS: trying new baud rate" ... is it by accident changing the baud rate of the connection to the PC???

I appreciate all the help I can get...

Thanks & kind regards,
Johan.
Attachments
gcs.zip
(68.92 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
001-AQL.LOG
(792.19 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
001-MSG.LOG
(477 Bytes) Downloaded 661 times
johandm_be

Re: Autoquad stuck in some errorneous state? (help!)

Postby kinderkram » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:25 pm

The internal 230k baud rate of the GPS connection is meant by this message, not the external serial 115k one.
Usually happens if something is wrong with the module or antenna.

Maybe the source is your SD card, did you try another one? Perhaps it writes corrupted stuff.
Id try to flash the latest working fw version and then set the values to defaults like you already did.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... set--8221-)

Do you have a bluetooth module? Im asking bc Ive seen so many faulty TTL adapters - things that worked before may fail the next time.
kinderkram

Postby johandm_be » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:03 am

Hi kinderkram,

Thanks for the suggestion of the bluetooth module; I acually have a pair of Xbee radio's and I tried those. If I used that instead of the TTL-RS232-3V3 adapter then it works.

It still is strange because this has worked fine until some point this afternoon, and I have tried 2 such cables. That, and also the fact that the firmware update is behaving fine over the same cables.

But, in any case, at this point I do have a workaround for the issue so I am no longer blocked by this.

Thanks again & kind regards,
Johan.
johandm_be

Postby Trnquill » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:20 am

Trnquill

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller