[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Question about Return To Home function

Question about Return To Home function

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Question about Return To Home function

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi,

yesterday I tested for the first time the RTH function of the AQ and I was a little bit surprised, that came strait back to the home position, keeping its altitude. I would have expected, that the home position included the altitude the Quad had at the time I set it.

Thanks for any hint or explanation,

DUKE40
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Question about Return To Home function

Postby Max » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi Duke, RTH should head to the home position and altitude at the same time. So over a short distance, it may arrive at position first, and then rise/fall to get to the home altitude. Over a longer distance it may achieve altitude first, and then fly a flat line to position.

-Max
Max

Postby Andrej » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:54 pm

This is a total loss of any meaning of feature of predefined altitude.
The most strange solution :lol:
Andrej

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi Max,

you confirm what I expected the AQ to do, return to the home position and altitude, but it is clearly not doing so, it travel back to the home position keeping its altitude.
To explain, I set my home position having the copter hovering at about 1,5m above ground.
I flew the quad about 20 meters away at about 10m above ground.
Switching to RTH, it came back to the home poistion staing at about 10m above ground and not raising or falling at all.
Any idea what might be causing such a behaviour? I am sure there is a logical explanation, but I have not found it yet.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: AW: Question about Return To Home function

Postby sandmen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 pm

You have to be sure that your throttle stick is in mid position.
sandmen

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller