[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't connect my AutoQuad to my computer

Can't connect my AutoQuad to my computer

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Can't connect my AutoQuad to my computer

Postby Astudillo » Sat May 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi guys,

I got my AQ6 in with the mail, and soldered all the pins on to the board. After that i put a microSD card in the AQ and hooked the AQ up to a 7.2v battery. The power led went solid red, without the J4 jumper being connected( i also checked that the solder wasn't connected). So i tried tried to connect the AQ with my computer with the flyduino cp2012. I connected it as it was on the wiki. Image
to what i thought to be firmware mode. After installing the drivers i opened the qgroundcontrol, i tried to update the firmware. But i wouln't not do anything. This is my setup Image
When i try to just connect the AQ as in the wiki, it said: Link serial port /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART is connected.
But i get no data at al. I already read that the connection is to the usb device it self, and i checked when the cp2012 is disconnected from the AQ it still "connects".

So is my AQ dead? Or is there something i can try more?

Raymond Astudillo
Astudillo

Re: Can't connect my AutoQuad to my computer

Postby GoFaster » Sat May 04, 2013 4:18 pm

According to this, the label on the Flyduino dongle might be upside down...

GoFaster

Re: AW: Can't connect my AutoQuad to my computer

Postby DUKE40 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi,

I hat the same issue, it could solve it bd rebooting the AQ once it was connected and powered bd pressing the reset button.
Perhaps this helps.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Astudillo » Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 pm

@Duke40 Tanks that did the trick for me!

@GoFaster My AQ connects now. My mistake was that i didn't notice i had a correctly printed flyduino dongle, so i wasn't necessary to flip the cable. Tanks!

now i get this error on connecting:

your MAVLink device seems to use the deprecated version 0.9, while QGroundControl only supports version 1.0+. Please upgrade the MAVLink version of your autopilot. If your autopilot is using version 1.0, check if the baud rates of QGroundControl and your autopilot are the same.

but i hope a firmware update will fix that!

Raymond
Astudillo

Postby Astudillo » Sat May 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Update: the error that i got is fixed with the firmware update.
Astudillo

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller