[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Autoquad Hexa quits motor in turn

Autoquad Hexa quits motor in turn

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Autoquad Hexa quits motor in turn

Postby rebholmo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello everybody,

I have an Autoquad 6.6.0 Rev 2. I fly it on a Hexacopter with the Tiger Motor MT 4008-12 motors and 30A esc's from Flyduino. I did everything from start till end like in the instruction manual from the AQ website. Then I put the AQ Board on a cheap Quadcopter to get sure everything is working before i start flying with the expensive Hexa. The Quad has some cheap motors and esc's from Hobbyking. I tried flying and everything worked perfect ! Manual flying, pos/alt hold, mission flight and so on... After that i put the board on my Hexacopter. I changed the motor mixing table and did the maiden flight. At first everything was ok. Pos/alt hold was working and I tried to hover a little around. I tried to make a slow big curve and then it happened : one motor quit and the copter went down. (This happened never with my little Quad) Luckily it was a soft ground and nothing got damaged. So next try and the same failure in the next turn. This happened only in the turn! When I was hovering on a spot, nothing appeared. At home I checked my motor mixing table because I tought I made a mistake. But it was alright. I don't know whats wrong.. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot !!!

Greetings from Germany
Moritz
rebholmo

Re: AW: Autoquad Hexa quits motor in turn

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Did You perform again the calibso (dynamic calibration) and recalculate the Parametern? Your configuration has been quite changed!
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Autoquad Hexa quits motor in turn

Postby rebholmo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 pm

No I didn't..You mean I have to do the Calibso with the AQ Board mounted on the big Hexa?
Greetings
rebholmo

Postby Max » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Moritz, welcome.

You should re-do your dynamic calibration in the new frame. But that's probably not why your motor is quitting. There are many possible reasons for something like that, and we probably need some more information before we can help. Logs, pictures, setting... those are all helpful.

My first question I guess would be how did you calibrate the ESCs?

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Cookiemonsta » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 am

Hi Max,

sry for jumping inbetween but how are the ESCs to be calibrated? I didn't find any notice in the wiki for that. Is the range the same as the AQ rc input?

Regards
Cookiemonsta

Postby Max » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 am

Hi, yeah, I guess we need to put this in the docs, although it's fairly typical multicopter setup step I think. Or maybe the people selling the ESCs should write up some instructions. ;) For now, read this post and mine right below it:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1446#p5869

-Max
Max

Postby Cookiemonsta » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 am

Thank you Max.
I didn't know what range ;)
So now I can calibrate my ext. Simonk correctly (I'll check my radio values with multiwii gui prior to that ;) )
Thanks again
Cookiemonsta

Postby rebholmo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi Max

there is no option to calibrate the esc's ...
rebholmo

Postby Max » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Moritz, sorry, I'm not following what you mean. ESC calibration procedure is described in the thread I linked-to above.

-Max
Max

Postby rebholmo » Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 am

The Flyduino support wrote to me that their 30A esc's have no calibration function. They said that they have a fixed value...
rebholmo

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller