[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flip on takeoff

Flip on takeoff

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Flip on takeoff

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:14 am

Hi guys, I have just rewired my Y6 to put the ESCs out on the arms rather than in the centre of the frame. The heat from them was pushing the temp inside the dome up over the temp range the board was calibrated to.

Since I have put it back together, I cannot take off without it flipping in one direction or another. It seems the direction it flips in is random. I've checked that the rotation of all motors is correct, and the ESCs are plugged into the correct port as specified in the mixing table. There are no high current DC wires near the board. The closest they come is about 40mm away. All DC wires are also twisted, and from looking at the log of the mags there doesn't seem to be any noise caused when the motors are running.

Before I moved the ESCs, it was flying reasonably well. The config on the AQ board hasn't been changed.

I'm not sure where to look next to sort this out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a short log here which shows two attempts to take off, and two flips onto its side.

Cheers
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: Flip on takeoff

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 am

I just found that a couple of the ESC control wires were running close to the ESC power wires. I rerouted them to be further away, and the problem is solved.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller