[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - First mission - problem

First mission - problem

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

First mission - problem

Postby pairair » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Tried first mission today. Just a simple waypoint - orbit - waypoint on a football field.

http://youtu.be/J9AwsCkktcY

I had the first waypoint set to a radius of 2.0 m and a loiter time of 5 sec, but it seems it had problems there. Yawing for a long time before it took off for the next point. The orbit had a radius of 5.0 m and 10 sec loiter. The orbiting seemed fine but I had to manually take it out of it after more than a minute...

Any ideas what might have caused this behaviour?

Other than that, it flies beautifully. Very smooth as can be seen in the vid :)

/Pär
pairair

Re: First mission - problem

Postby Andrej » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Set throttle exactly on the middle and make radius of point 2-3m, otherwise it stuck on point.
And set yaw "-0"
Andrej

Postby LPR » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Pairair

A 3D GPS lock tells you that you can fly using GPS but not that you have the best GPS you can get. The best GPS lock takes a while, often over two more minuets. If GPS has a very good lock I find you can set radius to less than 1 m. How well your copter flies depends on many things. Vibration and your parameter file can make a big difference also.
Using -0 is interesting but you'll find you get random yaw while loitering because you AQ copter doesn't know which direction the next WP will be till it starts moving in that direction.
Your AQ copter is flying very nice from what I can see in the video.

Larry
LPR

Postby pairair » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Andrej and Larry, thank you!

Yes, I had yaw set to -0

I haven't had time to do any more testing, maybe tomorrow. I've attached two plots from the logdump from this mission. The first one is the first waypoint, where it seemed kind of ... indecisive for a while.
wpt1.PNG
wpt1.PNG (29.46 KiB) Viewed 10467 times

It is still not more than a meter off at any time. But stayed there much longer than 5 sec

Second image is the 5 m radius orbit. It's amazingly accurate, that's six turns in that orbit!
orbit.PNG
orbit.PNG (33.12 KiB) Viewed 10467 times

What might have caused it to stay in this orbit so long? Loiter time was set to 10 sec, and then it was supposed to go to the last waypoint. It stayed in orbit for a minute, I had to switch it out of mission mode.

Best,
Pär
pairair

Postby 13brv3 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi Par,

I had a chance to try orbits for the first time yesterday, and I had the same problem. It goes into the orbit, then just stays there until you switch out of autonomous mode.

Also, I was assuming that the radius setting would change the size of the orbit, but 2m and 5m looked the same to me.

As I play with the autonomous missions, one thing I've wished for is a bit better explanation of the settings in each command type. Trial and error isn't the most productive way to figure it out, but it IS fun :-)

Cheers,
Rusty (trying to figure out how you made those plots...)
13brv3

Postby pairair » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 pm

pairair

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Rusty

Good to hear your to the point of doing missions.
I can tell you how to do most of the missions functions but what fun is that. You need to try a competition it forces you to learn fast. AVC Sparkfun contest is made for you. Hundreds of potential customers that you can impress with your AQ quad and you'll have a few days away from the Florida heat and humidity.

It's been quite a while since I used orbit but I think the meters for orbit is the same as for WPs, it's the radius of influence not the radius of the orbit. The radius of the orbit is set by the m/s the faster that the speed is set the larger the radius. The angular velocity stays constant so faster settings give larger orbits. I don't remember how the rest of the setting function but it won't take too long to figure it out. No flying today for me snowing hard in MN.

Larry
LPR

Postby 13brv3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 am

Attachments
first orbits.jpg
I'm getting dizzy...
first orbits.jpg (129.5 KiB) Viewed 10450 times
13brv3

Postby 13brv3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:36 am

13brv3