[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New AQ build - flips after take off

New AQ build - flips after take off

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: New AQ build - flips after take off

Postby chschmid » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Nick

Same here. Check carefully that your connections are on the right port, That the Motors turn in the right direction and that your mixixng table (quadrants) is correct. Dont give up, you are in good company. I have also a lot of experience in trying to fly a wrong setup Multi. :)

In my case I was reconnecting every cable again, tripple checking the mixing table, then holding the multi above my head, spinning up to "almost hover". There I tested the stability and the direction of the radio. But be careful.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby nikivan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Thank you, guys. Here is a picture of the board. I've marked the motor number on the arms and how they are connected. The motors rotate like this: 1-CCW, 2-CW, 3-CCW, 4-CW. I am also enclosing the mixing table here. Since this is X configuration I have +-50s for pitch and roll values (as described in the wiki). I've noticed that the new ground station comes with some mixing tables predefined. In there, the values for X quad are set as +-100. Do I need to change my pitch roll settings from +-50 to +-100?
Attachments
AQ3 X heavy.zip
(243 Bytes) Downloaded 490 times
DSC09628.jpg
DSC09628.jpg (242.09 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
nikivan

Postby chschmid » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm

The mixing seems to be ok. You can keep the 50/50 setting with standard PID's to start.
Are you sure, that your motors turn in the direction mentioned 1-CCW, 2-CW, 3-CCW, 4-CW with the right prop on? (Edit: looks ok in the video)
Are the values of the mixing table stored in the AQ? (check again in QGC)
Are you sure that motor one is connected to port one ect.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Kisssys » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Maybe I missed your response but is your IMU rotation set at 0?
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby nikivan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 am

nikivan

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am

Nick

I would recheck the motor mix and IMU rotation. I have often seen the motor mix not save correctly.

Larry
LPR

Postby Kisssys » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 am

What Larry mentioned about making sure it's really saved, I find expanding the All Parameters section is a wise to verify what's stored and yes 0 is correct for IMU rotation in your case.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby nikivan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:49 am

Thanks, guys. I need to do some more testing, but it seems the problem is gone for now. Since I was not sure about the IMU rotation parameter, I've changed it from 0 to -45. That did not do any good. I've then changed it back to 0 and now I can lift the quad from the ground. This is quite puzzling, as it seems that changing this setting back and forward "cleared" something in the AQ board. This is a brand new board and I've flashed is with the latest (aqv6.6.0-rev2) firmware before installing it on the frame. Your thoughts?
nikivan

Postby chschmid » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Maybe it would be a good idea to flash the board again. All settings will be restored to default. Add your cal data and then then you enter the mixing table (50/50 - X) again. This way you have a clean setup to try again.

Good luck
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Nick

It's a little confusing when changing the imu rotation setting. You must reboot the AQ for the change in rotation to take effect.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller