[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flip crash at launch

Flip crash at launch

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Flip crash at launch

Postby rput » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi all,

After an initial good start with my 2nd AQ board (1st one was fried by me... :oops: ) I just encountered some strange behaviour.

I was going to show the stability of the quadcopter with AQ at a friend who lives about 50 km away. The quad was armed and then put in position hold. Then I slowly increased throttle (as I had done before with the same quad) and instead of taking of, it made a nice sideways flip as can be seen on the video link (slow motion):

I looked at the logfile, but am not sure what is going wrong. I do notice some strange spikes in the motor signals:

flip_crash_motors_log.png

Here is the full logfile:
055-AQ.Log
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 524 times

I also notice some sawtooth on the UK_POS parameters:
flip_crash_UKF_POS_log.png

Any insight would be much appreciated.
rput

Re: Flip crash at launch

Postby Kisssys » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Looks like your XY gyro is bad. Static they should be about 1.33 volts.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:16 am

A question.
Did you plug in the battery of the quad and then moved it to the launch position? It could be that the initial calibration was bad. I had two crashes for this reason. I now do a short test preflight and if bad you can see some strange behaviour and land quickly. Replugging the batt resolves it. And letting the quad calibrate undisturbed.
leopold1

Postby rput » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for the replies. I think I indeed had it plugged in before moving it to the launch position. That could explain it.
Is there any problem with launching in Position Hold mode?
rput

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:16 pm

I would do it. Altitude can be jumpy and you need a gps fix.
leopold1

Postby rput » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 am

@Steve, Where can I check the Z-gyro voltage? I have reset the firmware, mixing table, and other parameters and it is flying again but RTH is now not working good yet. I doubt this is linked, but could it be? Either way I would like to ensure my voltages are ok.

@Leopold, did you mean wouldn't?
rput

Postby Kisssys » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 am

LOG_VOLTAGE 0 1 and 2 are gyro x y z. This is a plot of raw data from the gyro sensor's from the 055-AQ.LOG you posted.
I would be very cautious flying until to find out what's going on.
Attachments
BadXYgyro.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Kisssys » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 am

Hi rput,

The X and Y gyro is one IC and the Z is a different one. It looked like your X Y was not working at the time. On the gyro sensor's the voltage when the copter is sitting still should all be about 1.33 volts. I would guess it's a soldering joint on the voltage doubler circuit which sometimes with a little flux and solder you can resolder them. If it's a new board you might first discuss this with whom you bought it from before you go messing with it.

You might try a little heat and a little cold to see if it comes and goes.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby rput » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:24 pm

that is very illuminating, thanks for the detailed explanation Steve. I will contact the seller to see what he suggests.

Cheers,
Richard
rput

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller