No GPS lock

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: No GPS lock

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 am

So I've done some more testing, and the attitude control looks to be working pretty well, and I did some RTH tests which went without problem. I thought that RTH would always return to the altitude it was first set at, but it appears it just returns to the home position at the current altitude.

My position hold looks to be circling a little (~1M diameter) at low altitude (1-2M alt) but holds better up higher. Not sure what's causing that.

Looks like my latest log might be corrupt too. When I select the log file, none of the boxes on the right are prefixed by LOG_ and a bunch are missing. I can't show any curves for any that are selected. Selecting an older log file everything looks normal.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: No GPS lock

Postby LPR » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:18 am

Glenn

In Altitude/position hold an AQ copter will return to the altitude of the home WP. If the throttle factor is a little low it may not go up to the home WP but will go down. You can set the navi PID to get much more aggressive altitude hold and slowdown or increase vertical speed in position hold.
Once you have RTH working the fun part of learning missions can start. Glad to here you got the Y6 working.
To get my octo to fly without needing to balancing the props I have the AQ board in an aluminum box and mount the box on Velcro. The added weight of the box and the Velcro reduce the vibration that the board sees.

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller