New AQ board stuck in flash mode.

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

New AQ board stuck in flash mode.

Postby epyonxero » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:27 pm

I have a brand new AQ board (my second), I soldered on all the headers and was about to start doing the calibrations but it appears that the board is stuck in flash mode. The power light is steady on and it can be flashed with or without the jumper installed. I removed the J4 and J3 headers to just in case there was a solder bridge there but it still wont come out of flash mode. When powered on only the red led is on, there is no activity from the other leds.
epyonxero

Re: New AQ board stuck in flash mode.

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Not by any chance flashed a debug build to the AQ ?
joebar.rc

Postby epyonxero » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:28 pm

No, I flashed the R76 v2 firmware from here http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=49
epyonxero

Postby importon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:17 am

I think I'm having the same problem. If I flash the board and hit the reset button, the green light starts blinking and everything looks good. But if I power off and then back on again I get only the sold red light again. ????????? :(
importon

Postby epyonxero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am

Were you able to connect to the GCS? Im my case I was able to get it out of boot mode but nothing I did would get it to connect to the GCS so I went ahead and sent my board back to Jussi for replacement/repair.
epyonxero

Postby importon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 am

For some reason now it's working. However when doing the first freeze and thaw of the static calibration. the log file does not save. actually I shouldn't say that. It's saving but it's just creating empty log files. I just got my AQ 2 days ago and I can see that this is going to be a real project. reminds me of when I got my first MK. :?
importon

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 am

Importon

There is a difference between AQ and MK. When you get it flying it does fly even better then you think it could.
There a number of things that have to be right to get the SD to record a file.

1. You have to have the right high speed SD. If you don't it ether wont work or some data will be missing in a log.

2. The SD card holder sometimes has trouble with the thickness of some SD. Some are too thin, just add a piece of tape to make it thicker.

3. The wiki explains how to bend an are to hold the SD card in place better.

Larry
LPR

Postby importon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks very much for your help. I switched cards and did all that bending stuff and now I'm getting good log files. now just need to find out why I'm not getting perfect curves in my logs.
importon

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Getting the perfect logs just requires a little magic.
A little humidity goes a long ways. I wrapped a table spoon of rice in a patch of cloth tapped closed. Try to not have the foam touch the AQ board. Anything that expands or contracts can move the board as the temperature warms.
Then the important part is to take the container and put it in a place with no vibration or magnetic disturbance. I recommend a third world country with no motor vehicles or electricity.

Larry
LPR

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller