Getting back into it

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Getting back into it

Postby jcmonty » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 am

Hey guys,

So I have been sitting on my AQ for a few months now, and I finally have a frame that I think it's going to be going on.

The goal of this frame is to be a medium range, medium sized camera ship for up to a sony NEX sized camera on a BL gimbal. I will be flying this rig over the ocean and near waves quite a bit to track surfers so I am wanting it to be reliable. It's going to fit between my larger y6 with gimbal and my smaller TBS Disco FPV rig. There will be a lot of testing on this thing before it goes over water :)

It's going to be xy4 configuration (think quad with 120 degrees separation in between left and right sides and 60 degrees separation between front at back) to help keep the copter out of the view. I estimate a weight of 2.2-2.4kg

Anyways, I am browsing through the forum to see if there are any compelling threads to read. Any thoughts, concerns, advice? I saw the "divergence thread" which has me strongly concerned due to the nature of the flying I will be performing. Is there a "fix", or should I continue to wait on this AQ?

Thanks!
Jonathan
jcmonty

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller