[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ died suddenly after succesful dynamic calibration

AQ died suddenly after succesful dynamic calibration

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: AQ died suddenly after succesful dynamic calibration

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 pm

JussiH

Postby ala42 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:09 am

ala42

Postby simon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:48 pm

In case of using 5v PPM signal probably using a simple voltage divider would be ok?
Attachments
v_divider.jpg
5v to 3.3v
v_divider.jpg (7.85 KiB) Viewed 13475 times
simon

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Reading this, I am a little bit unsure what I should do. I plan to use a Jeti RSat2 as PPM receiver, powered directly from the AQ. The servocable of the RSat2 is quite long and it is directly soldered on the board, so replacing it, might be tricky.
Should I use a voltage divider to ensure nothing goes wrong or is there not risk at all, and I can connect it right away.

Would be great if I could get some opinions here.

Best regards,
DUKE40
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby simon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 pm

I plan to use flashed (ppm) Hitec Optima 7 receiver and I will definitely try to match the voltage. Like bn999 said, the MCUs I/O may be 5V tolerant but they are not designed for regular 5V operation. Limiting the current with resistor may do the trick and clamping diodes inside the MCU should do the rest (if there are any).

I advise to read this article:

I will probably try the "diode" method, but I will power the receiver directly from the main battery (to use optima7 build in telemetry - voltage readout) and would not want to risk damage to the MCU.

On the other hand, the Optima 7 internally also works at 3.3 V, so maybe I will try to connect the AVRs I/O pin directly to the AQ;)
simon

Postby Cookiemonsta » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi,

after reading this thread I'm kind of afraid connecting anything to my incoming AQ board :lol:
I'm switching from a Multiwii setup where I connected only the signal wires to the motor inputs and powered the ppm receiver (FrSky D8R-XP) directly with Signal, VCC, GND from the FC (Naze32). So can I do the same thing without any modifications with the AQ board or not?

Any help would be appreciated ;)
Cookiemonsta

Postby Max » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi "Cookie" :)

I'm using the exact setup you're describing, also with a D8R-XP. With just the signal wires to ESCs, and a short 3-wire servo-style cable between the Rx and AQ. Just avoid running the Rx cable close to power supply wires, keep it short, and twist it up. Check your radio_quality log once it's all set up. FrSky uses 3.3V signaling, so there shouldn't be any problem with that. And BTW, I also recommend the newer Rx firmware with 27ms PPM pulse to avoid the 6-channel limitation of the old firmware.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Re: AW: AQ died suddenly after succesful dynamic calibration

Postby Cookiemonsta » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi Max,

Thank you for your answer ;) I'll try that configuration or wouldn't it be better to power the rx via an ext. bec and connect gnd and signal to the rx?
And a somekind of offtopic question but what's the best known revision of firmware for the AQ?

Regards,
Cookie
Cookiemonsta

Postby Max » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Sure, you could do that too. (I've done that with another FC, but not the AQ.) Adds more wiring though, and the AQ does have a nice v-reg on-board. That's the only external device I power from my AQ, and I monitor the Rx voltage via FrSky telemetry readout (never seen a problem).

The most tested recent version is 6.6.0. After that you're in the more "experimental" areas... which simply means fewer people have flown with it (that we know of). But of course it should be better than the previous releases because we don't typically try to go the other way with these things... :lol: I'll try to post some pre-compiled firmware based on recent revisions soon.

-Max
Max

Re: AW: AQ died suddenly after succesful dynamic calibration

Postby Cookiemonsta » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Ah Ok ;)
Well obviously I don't need the ext bec then. The only thing I want to add is a xbee module and maybe the minimosd if this is possible in parallel but I guess not as there's only one uart. The only thing I'd miss is the consumed mah but that's a work in progress as I've read somewhere :)
Regarding the firmware version... I wanted to know if it's r76 or r65 or which one (they all are 6.6.0 aren't they?)
Regards ;)
Cookiemonsta

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller