Tips for new AQ pilot for getting succesfull

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Tips for new AQ pilot for getting succesfull

Postby rwijnhov » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:34 am

Ok let me give my experience to some new flyers out here that are having issues with their setup. After the last months of experimenting I learned a couple of lessons that will help you get succesfull:
1. start out with a simple quad before going to a hex or bigger.
2. begin using simonk flashed escs before going to esc32 (learn to walk before you run)
3. Make sure you do a good dynamic and good calculations. Hud has to be 100% level in gcs and your machine should fly pretty descent with the stock pids (if you are using a quad). If it isn't redo your dynamics and calculations.
4. Make sure you don't have much vibes. Remove al your props from your motors. And run all the motors seperately and feel each how much it vibes. If it feels like a vibrator you have to much vibes, fix it! all you should feel are some verry high frequency vibes. Vibes kill your alt-hold and give you a lot of other problems.
5. Use graupner e-props, these things are pretty wel balanced out of the box and verry stiff. After experimenting a lot with different props these are the only ones I will use on a multi.
6. Don't use a DJI frame, they flex to much and give you to much vibes.
7. Use 1,5 - 2 cm nylon standoffs for the AQ this helps al lot in removing vibes to the AQ.
8. use a gps groundplane.
9. Start out at first with only the AQ and a bluetooth link. First get that flying right before adding, ioboard, xbee or 433, osd, camera's etc. KEEP IT SIMPLE

So all in short keeps vibes to a minimum ,do good calibrations and start simple.

You don't need an expensive rig. I build an autoquad with a glass fiber atg frame, with some cheap rctimer motors and it flies like on rails, just as good as my expensive carbon fiber quad with expensive motors.
rwijnhov

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller