Is my AQ dead?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Is my AQ dead?

Postby jcmonty » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 am

Continuity checked out on both recom gnds to the MIC5210 GND. Hopefully, it's just isolated to that chip. I still am scratching my head about what happened here... guess I am not going to be using that PPM converter. :/
jcmonty

Re: Is my AQ dead?

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 am

I have replaced the MCU on your board and brought it back to life ;) It will be returned to you on friday.

The symptoms are consistant with a burnt out MCU, and was probably caused by a voltage spike as you plugged the powered RX.

MCU replacement has been done under warranty, but its very unlikely that it was a manufactoring error. But as I can not rule it out 100 percent, I have chosen to do this as a service under warranty.

Keep an eye out on the wiki, we will post some guidelines about using 5V signal devices on AQ.

Make sure you twist all power and servo/RX lines in the future, this will reduce the inductance potential in the wires thereby reducing the potential for voltage spikes beeing induced in the signal lines when a current surge happens (like when you plug the battery).

More info in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1966&start=14
JussiH

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller