[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - MISSION flight tests experiences

MISSION flight tests experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: MISSION flight tests experiences

Postby afernan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 pm

More experiences and tips on Mission flight

First of all I´ve got to flight missions without the initial delay after WP1. The reason of the delay was to have too restrictive values in "hit Rad". I use to put 2m. Also I put "loiter"=0 (see image attached). With that the delay disapear

Also I´ve discover that puting a negative value in the "yaw" box (like -1.0, for instance) the copter flies pointing always next WP. This is very convenient.

All this trick should be placed in the WIKI.

Angel
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-09-22-13-05-35.png
Screenshot_2012-09-22-13-05-35.png (10.36 KiB) Viewed 10446 times
afernan

Postby Max » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you VERY much Angel! I'm about to start testing some missions and your posts are tremendously useful. The negative yaw trick is great and I really liked your explanation about relative altitudes.

What units are used for Loiter time in the Android app? Seconds, minutes?

Thanks!
-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Thx for your tinkering and finding out!

I'll add the info to the Wiki soon.
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

@Max:

I guess LOITER time is in seconds, but after playing aroun between WINDOWS and ANDROID interchanging mission files, I´m not sure. It looks to be a factor of 1000¡ between one and the other (see my first post). Anyway, the best way to check is flying, cause this is not dangerous.
Angel
afernan

Postby sandmen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:43 pm

@max, kinderkram , afernan
I hope we can bring out a new rel for the aq soon.
- With this version we should get a better way to plan mission.
- updated qgroundcontrol for mission planning, at the moment it's not usefull
- update android app (offline maps) and some featrures.
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:47 pm

That's good news, Peter!
Especially now that I'll be getting my new Android tablet next week. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 pm

You just said the magic word "Offline maps" I think I'll order a Nexus 7

Thanks
Peter
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Shogun » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks very much Angel, very useful informations. Would have cost me some try and error to find out.
Shogun

Postby afernan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:49 pm

@Kisssys, Nexus 7 works great as ground control station for AQ (and of course all the rest). It really worth as a tablet. Much better solution than any laptop based. it does all you need in the field.

See some mission video Including take-off , WP's and landing under strong wind

Angel
Last edited by afernan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby epyonxero » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Im trying to resist buying a tablet but its getting harder and harder :D
epyonxero

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller