[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - How to get the Motors to start?

How to get the Motors to start?

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

How to get the Motors to start?

Postby axelnied » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 am

I managed to upload the mix table to the AQ.
The ESC32s are set up with CL values in open-loop mode...
I am using T-Motors 2212.

I can arm the motors via stick (throttle down, yaw right) but the motors won't start.
Only if I move the stick up a little bit, the motors would start to run.
When I move throttle all the way back again the motors would stop.

What is the right procedure to get the motors to start when armed?
I was experimenting with the PWM_MIN_START in QGC, but without success.
axelnied

Re: How to get the Motors to start?

Postby chschmid » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 am

Thats exactly how mine behaves. The motors will not start when armed only.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby axelnied » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:23 am

I would really prefer to have the motors spin (on low) when armed!...
On the MWii software there is an option to turn it on and off. I was experimenting with it with a bloody ending :o Never lean forward over your TX!!!
axelnied

Postby chschmid » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Maybe there is an option to set initial PWM higher. But I can not help here.

Since I cut my arm with a sailplane when opening the throttle with my "belly" while leaning foreward I always hold my left thumb on the thottle.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 pm

joebar.rc

Postby axelnied » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Menno,

That means, if you fly your AQ and pull the throttle stick all the way back, your motors stop midair (and will probably start rotating the opposite direction due to free fall)?
axelnied

Postby kinderkram » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:18 pm

I see 2 different discussions here.
On one hand the "spinning idle on arm" signalizes "We're up and running" - I like that, too.

On the other hand you should avoid a free fall with zero throttle. Idle spinning motors won't do much to give the FC a chance to avoid a crash.
Below hover point it descends, below take off throttle point it falls, zero throttle makes it drop like a dead bird.

Unless we have a free fall detection with automatic emergency reaction we leave it up to the pilot's thumb. ;)
kinderkram

Postby axelnied » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Norbert,

Thanks for joining this conversation... Maybe I will change my question(s) to
Q1: How do I get the motors to spin on arm?
Q2: How do I avoid "free-fall" with zero throttle if motors stop at minimum throttle setting (stick back)?
Q3: How does your current setup behave?
axelnied

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 am

joebar.rc

Return to ESC32