[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CAN telemetry structure

CAN telemetry structure

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

CAN telemetry structure

Postby finncarlsvi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:54 am

Hello,

I have an ESC32 hooked up to a CAN analyzer and am trying to figure out the message structure to communicate with the ESC. Is there any documentation on this anywhere?

I can't imagine this hasn't been asked before, but I just can't find any info on the subject (it's also hard to search for the word CAN without getting the wrong results). I apologize in advance for a possible repost.

Cheers
Finn
finncarlsvi

Re: CAN telemetry structure

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 am

Hi Finn,

the firmware for ESC32V2 is open source, so why do you want to go the 'hard 'n dirty' road by reverse-engineering the protocol with a CAN analyzer if you can have a look at the source code used to generate the messages?

Look here for the sources https://github.com/bn999/esc32

You may also want to look at the AQ FW here https://github.com/bn999/autoquad

Cheers
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby finncarlsvi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:51 am

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I worded that poorly. I am looking at the source to try and figure out the message structure. Then testing out different commands with the analyzer.

But my understanding of C isn't good enough for me to reconstruct a mental image of how CAN commands are created/processed.

I was hoping there was some documentation. I'll just keep looking at the source and the answer will fall out like usual :)

Cheers
finncarlsvi

Postby bn999 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:44 pm

bn999

Postby Fritz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Fritz

Return to ESC32