[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - On the fence to buy M4 plus ESC32 V3, still opensource?

On the fence to buy M4 plus ESC32 V3, still opensource?

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

On the fence to buy M4 plus ESC32 V3, still opensource?

Postby Peter Anderson » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:41 pm

I will really appreciate information about the status of the open source code for the both M4 and ESC32 V3.

As we know, google code is de facto closed and there are no pointers to the live public repositories.
Having ability to modify the code of the both ESC32 and M4 is crucial for my project of hybrid VTOL plane.
Here are simple questions I would like to have answered:

- is the M4 code open source under any license model and accessible either on public or private repo (with proper credentials or invitation honored upon request)?

- is the ESC32 V3 code open source under any license model and accessible either on public or private repo (with proper credentials or invitation honored upon request)?

I admire all the great work Bill Nesbitt and other developers done and consider the M6, M4, and ESC32 V2 as the most elegant and mathematically clean implementations of any autopilots.
Peter Anderson

Re: On the fence to buy M4 plus ESC32 V3, still opensource?

Postby kinderkram » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi Peter, welcome to AutoQuad!

The M4/AQ6 code with PID is still open source - and always will be:
http://autoquad.org/home/autoquad-model

This is not the case for the ESC32 V3 but as a developer there are ways to get involved. ;)

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:30 am

Peter

The Autoquad code has move from Google to the Git Hub here.

https://github.com/AutoQuad/mavlink

I would like to build a quad/ plane also but I would need help with the code.

With a Mikrokopter FC I built a very simple quad / airplane in 2007 and it few very well though I had no idea of that I would used it for.

Let me know if I could help with the project.

Larry
LPR

Postby brat002 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:25 am

You can Implement configurable auto landing on battery low event :)
brat002

Postby sandmen » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:05 am

sandmen

Return to ESC32