[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - PWM doesn't work anymore

PWM doesn't work anymore

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

PWM doesn't work anymore

Postby David Salvador » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:01 pm

I already have four esc32 working well in a Quad. But i have one more that don't respond to PWM signals. Only works through FTDI.

This happened after i flash the firmware. And now i can't flash the firmware again. The QGC says that i'm not in boot mode.

Why it happened? Can you help me?
David Salvador

Re: PWM doesn't work anymore

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:09 pm

O.k. ... that's to less info!
Which ESC32 version do you have? ESC32V2 or ESC32V3 (if you don't know picture please)
Which firmware did you Flash?
Which QGC do you use?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby David Salvador » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Sorry, i flashed the firmware 2.0r49. To do this, i shorted the boot jumpers and used the QGC 1.6.3.
I think i have ESC32V2, but here are the photos:

David Salvador

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:32 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby David Salvador » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:30 pm

I have tried again, and the error remain the same. I used a acroname s27-usb-serial, but i already tried with a arduino board without the chip.
The first time i tried appears this:

The esc green led turn on. And the red led stops blinking, and stays on.
If i try again:

I've tried with different speeds, but the error remain the same.
David Salvador

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm sorry, although working on a 27in screen I'm not able to read this!
Please either upload larger images or copy the text from the terminal window and past it in a code section.

Sorry!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby David Salvador » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Sorry, my fault
The first time i tried appears this:

The second time:

David Salvador

Postby Max » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:55 am

Hello David,

There are a number of possible reasons for failure. The COM port already being open (in QGC or some other program) is the most common. The stm32flash program never reports that error very well, but the result would be similar to what you're seeing.

The attempt to "force bootloader mode" depends on the ESC firmware version, and the firmware actually working (so if a previous flashing attempt corrupted the firmware, it won't work). It also depends on the Port and Speed being selected properly in the QGC ESC32 Settings tab.

Did you try again with the BOOT pins shorted? That is the most reliable method -- as long as nothing else is using the selected COM port, it should work every time.

Also I just noticed there is nothing attached to the serial port GND pad of the ESC. Using the PWM ground might work, but it would be more reliable to hook the serial GND pad directly to your USB TTY adapter. A clean ground path is very important for serial comms.

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:04 am

Please also check your soldering on the TX/RX pads (looks not that good :shock: ).
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby David Salvador » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm

I tried everything you said. Now the error is only this:

I check all my soldering, and now i'm using the 5v and gnd from the ftdi side.
I also tried again with the BOOT pins shorted, and error remains the same.
David Salvador

Next

Return to ESC32