[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Help with ESC32 Communication via Serial Port

Help with ESC32 Communication via Serial Port

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Help with ESC32 Communication via Serial Port

Postby fahdovski » Thu May 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi all,

I cannot establish communication between my ESC32 and the qgroundControl.
I put
TX Ftdi to RX of ESC32
RX Ftdi to TX Esc32
5v and GND. I have a 3.3v FTDI version.
I was able to run the ESC32 with default firmware with a PWM servo signal.
But when i try to use qgroundcontrol for more in depth control of the ESC32, it connects but i do not have any feedback on parameters. I also cannot update the firmware even if i Put the boot jumper before. I always says that ESC32 is not in bootloader mode trying to force it... but I did connect the jumber.
I'm powering it with the UART for the signal.

Please need your help.
Thanks
fahdovski

Re: Help with ESC32 Communication via Serial Port

Postby bluuu » Thu May 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Did you set 230000 baud rate ?
Try it via putty (or similar).
bluuu

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu May 21, 2015 3:16 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby fahdovski » Thu May 21, 2015 3:23 pm

It works with the CLI correcly. I was able to change PWM.
For the Qgroundcontrol it does not works.
I was only able to update the firmware. But the other parameter does not change. Is there a Baudrate ??
Thx
fahdovski

Postby fahdovski » Thu May 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Alright It works Greet. But I need the change the Speed but an error pop up and says that i need to set the Feed forward terms used for the RPM controller. What should i put as a value. How does it influence performance. Any tuto explaining the Feedforward PI Tuning
Thx
fahdovski

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu May 21, 2015 4:38 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby fahdovski » Thu May 21, 2015 5:33 pm

MN2204 + APC SF 8047 just for test.
But i need a more in depth procedure. For Example the Kiss ESC PWM freq is 32 Khz. I want to set Autoquad ESC32 to a switching freq of 32khz but how much blanking should i put ?
fahdovski

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu May 21, 2015 6:56 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby fahdovski » Thu May 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Magnificent Thx a lot. Can I increase the P term to say 0.4 to give more punch to the PI or is already perfectly tuned.
If I change the switching freq, i need to change the min period to 1/32Khz and the blanking to 60% of that value
since for example in the default setup we got Min period =50 and blanking =30 (60% of Min period).
Is this correct ?
fahdovski

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 am

as already said: I've never changed blanking!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Return to ESC32