[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - reading ESC32 during run by FTDI ?

reading ESC32 during run by FTDI ?

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

reading ESC32 during run by FTDI ?

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Hey folks,

is it possible to read out the ESC32 while its running ? I would like to idle up using a servo-tester and read out bad or lost commutations if possible . My goal : finding the best parameters for my motors, have some trouble with loosing commutation or idle-up and guess there will be a span of params that may run, but not everyone will be perfect - and i would like to find the most suitable one.
Crizz

Re: reading ESC32 during run by FTDI ?

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:25 pm

Max has created a great QGC widget for ESC32 live telemetry. But it works with an AQ connected to the ESC via CAN.
Dunno if you could also use it when you have the ESC32 directly connected via UART serial connection.

esc32-telemetry-widget.jpg
esc32-telemetry-widget.jpg (241.74 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
kinderkram

Re: reading ESC32 during run by FTDI ?

Postby Crizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm

is this widget included or do i have to download it anywhere ? Cannot remember that i have seen it before in Widget-list. (Maybe because i havent had the need :? ), if it works with FTDI it would be great and exactly what i need, i only wanna check with one ESC and motor before modyfing all ESC-params. My ESC32 still have no CAN-bus controller on board, i got them but havent had the time to mod the ESC, in the first this project needs to come to air, tuning like CAN may be work for rainy days ;)

Edit : found it, but only works with CAN connected ESC .

Seems i must try several timings manualy and decide on dice which one i trust the most.....
Crizz

Return to ESC32