[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't flash firmware

Can't flash firmware

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Can't flash firmware

Postby erom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:07 am

erom

Re: Can't flash firmware

Postby Florian75 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Hello Edoardo,

do you have set the Boot Jumper on the ESC32?

And switch off: File -> Settings -> "Automatically reconnect last link..."

EDIT:
Can you connect your ESC32 via FTDI with your QGC 1.0.5 to change the parameter?

regards
florian
Florian75

Postby erom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Florian, thanks for answering.
Yes I did put the Boot Jumper and shorten the two pads. And the option "Automatically reconnect last link..." on Settings is off.
To answer the last question: No. That's another problem I have and I think is related to this one. If I go on "Esc32 Settings" and I try to connect the ESC nothing will happen. I'm not able to 'import' the parameters and thus not able to change them.
erom

Postby Florian75 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Are you sure that your com port works? please try to open the com port with a terminal und shorten the rx and tx pin of your FTDI. can you send chars and receive the echos?
Florian75

Postby erom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:12 pm

I need to try, maybe it's just the com port.
I can't right now cause I don't have the board with me. I will try tomorrow morning and let you know.
erom

Postby erom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:21 am

I tried connecting rx and tx of the ftdi board and yes, if i type a character i do get the echo in return. So, that's working.
I also tried using putty to comunicate instead of QGC (to see if that was the problem) but the Esc is not responding. (e.g. if I try the command help or version I don't get any answer)
erom

Postby Florian75 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:25 pm

what kind of FTDI do you use? maybe you have to change rx and tx?
do you have testet it with another esc32?

sorry, but i have no more ideas.
Florian75

Postby erom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm

The fact is I only have this one ESC right now, so unluckily I can't try with another one.
I'm doing this with my university and I am not building a drone for now (that's why I don't have 4 ESC like most of the people in this forum :) ). My goal is to modify the firmware and put a different control algorithm we want to try. But of course I can't if i'm not even able to flash the original one.
For next week I hope I'll find another Esc to test.
Anyway I'm using a Usb/Uart board like this one . The Ftdi on the board is a FT232RL.
What you mean for "change rx and tx"?
Anyway thank you for your help Florian, I also ran out of ideas. If you think of something else let me know, any other input is appreciated.
erom

Postby kinderkram » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi Edoardo,
please give QGC 1.30 another try:
ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/g ... l/Windows/

You will need to connect Rx -> Tx and vice versa (as they stand for receive -> transmit).

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby erom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi Norbert, thanks for answering.
My connections are already like this:
Rx -> Tx
Tx -> Rx
Vcc -> +5V
GND -> GND
(from Ftdi to Esc)
I can't try with the software right now because I don't have the board with me. Next week I'll give it a go.
erom

Next

Return to ESC32