[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32v3.....

ESC32v3.....

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32v3.....

Postby LPR » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:30 pm

I have not been able to get PWM to work with the ESC32 V3 so there may not be a PWM mode for the ESC32 V3.

I have been able to control the ESC32 V2 with both PWM or CAN.

Larry
LPR

Postby JussiH » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:09 pm

JussiH

Postby JussiH » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:02 pm

And since this is in the public thread.... ;)

We are in the final stages of getting the first ESC32v3 made available. I know its taken ridiculously long, but there has been many roadbumps and setbacks along the way that has kept it from getting released sooner and we need to make sure HW and FW was working properly before letting it go. Unfortunately this has taken a lot longer than I would have preferred. :(

We are currently shooting for medio/ultimo june for the first public release - but its not a promise. Documentation is in the works. A very cool GUI is also in the works, but it all takes time to put together. ;)

Overall we are gonna state 8S and 500W with peaks up to 700W as a "safe" limit for continous operation with normal cooling.

But up to 10S (perhaps even 12S) and much more than 1KW is likely to be possible with special attention to settings, cooling and airflow over the ESC.

Anything over 8S will be labelled "experimental and at own risk" for the time beeing, though.

Price is probably gonna be in the 55-59 EUR range including VAT.
JussiH

Postby phynix » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:48 pm

That is good news, besides the slight delay ;).

One more question: will it support some kind of switching between two (or more) signal-inputs? I would love to see a possibility to create an AQ-based copter with truly redundant FCs... For me that is more important than missions, follow me, quatos, basecally most of the available features and might be a breakthrough for commercial use I think!

Unfortunately, I observed on several differend FCs some sort of catastrophic failure at some point... also with the AQ itself too often :)
phynix

Postby Max » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:54 am

Switching between input types is already possible, even with the current v2 ESCs (check the CLI command "input" for example, but it can also be done via other protocols). Also CAN bus could have multiple controllers attached to it, as long as only one is doing the controlling at a time. How much that would help redundancy, I'm not sure... but it's possible. :)

A truly redundant MR would pretty much need 2+ of everything, including some kind of "supervisor" for the flight controllers which could determine point of failure and take that component out of circulation. Plus the supervisor would need to be redundant... ;) My own experience lies in building redundant/fault-tolerant computer systems/networks, and it's never as easy as it may seem "on paper," even though this has been done in the industry for many years already. The costs are more than doubled, as is the overall complexity of the setup. Anyway, it's an interesting and important subject, but probably for a different thread!

-Max
Max

Postby phynix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:48 am

Max, you are right with your points. I think switching inside the esc is one possible way to go as they are already redundant (on an octo). But then there remains the question when to switch and I think that the most probably fault-case - a FC that is not delivering any signal any more - can be detected inside the esc itself. Maybe the escs then should syncronise there switching, but as long as they can only switch between two inputs (and not disable both inputs at the same time) it is a significant gain in safety. Then, for a crash one of the two FC AND the switching algorithm must fail. Failing of the switching algorithmus itself should not matter as long as both FC are running properly!

Networking ESCs (via can) that decide as a group when the input-signal is invalid and then switch syncronised to a backup FC would be such a great thing!!!

But you are also right with your point that this probably belongs into a different thread. I would love so see a fruitful discussion about intelligent ways two increas safety on the AQ-Basis.
phynix

Postby TheBone » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Hey guys,

it seems to be that my v3 is broken again. :(
Every time I connect the USB, the UART or the CAN connection the chip with the printing 6661 EJ81 129 becomes very hot.

(For the German speaking people) As I already wrote in this Thread:

I'm not really clear what was happening. I tested the motor with also relatively good results and moment-to-moment nothing worked anymore.

Has anyone an idea what could be happened? Is there a chance to repair the ESC? What should I do now?

Thanks everyone very much for his answer in advance.

Greetings
Chris
Last edited by TheBone on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBone

Postby JussiH » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Chris,

ESC32v3 is not yet officially released and as I explained, you got a special "beta" preorder to help your project. We are working hard to get everything buttoned up and released. So at the moment, there not many people available to help you out and the detailed documentation is not yet finished.

As for your specific problem, that is likely a production error and I will send you a new one under warranty. You need to send the failed one back so I can take a look at it.
JussiH

Postby TheBone » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Jussi,

You are the best! You already helped me very much.
Therefore once again thank you very, very much. Should I send you the board in advance or would it be okay for you if I send it back after i received the replacement board?

Kind regards
Chris
TheBone

Postby JussiH » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:20 am

People,

Im afraid we are looking at a delay. Some final things need to be buttoned up in the Firmware, tools and documentation before we can release V3 to the public.

And as most of the team is about to go on vacation, we are probably into late July/early August before ESC32v3 becomes publicly available.

Happy summer

Jussi
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32