[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - seeking help...esc disarmed without control

seeking help...esc disarmed without control

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

seeking help...esc disarmed without control

Postby ckw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi guys,

I am a freshman, and I met some problems about my esc. Hope you guys could give me some suggestions.

After flashing the firmware to esc successfully, I can connect my esc to QGroundControl and arm it. When I click "start", the motor can run, but for only 2.5 seconds, then the esc disarms itself (red led blinking). Also, when I click "start calibration", the same circumstance happens again. Anyone knows what is wrong?

BTW, if I want to do calibration, do I need to alter those parameters myself (current limiter, FF1 term, etc.) or just click "start calibration". My motor is TMotor MN4014-11 KV330.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
ckw

Re: seeking help...esc disarmed without control

Postby chschmid » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:12 pm

What voltage do you use for the ESC32? Are these ESC32 genuine ESC32?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby ckw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:15 pm

I connect ESC32 to PC through UART 5V, and the main power is a 6 cell 22.2V battery. And for sure the ESC is genuine ESC32.

Thanks,
CKW
ckw

Postby kinderkram » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi & welcome, CKW!

Which fw version and QGC version do you use?
For calibration you only need to set the max current that match your motors. Start low!
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/esc32/esc32-calibrations/

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby ckw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Thank you Norbert.

I tried two versions "ESC32 Compiled Firmware 2.0 - Version 2.0r49" and "ESC32 Compiled Firmware - Version 1.4.3 r27 build 5306". The results are the same, running 2.5 seconds then disarmed.

I have read that page and yes I set the max current and start calibration. But it can only run for 2.5 seconds as well. T T

CKW
ckw

Postby JussiH » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 pm

ESC32 is 5S maximum
JussiH

Postby ckw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:03 pm

I soldered TX RX 5V GND of the 6 pins UART, leaving the other two alone. So there are no headers for those two pins and they are not connected into the UART-USB adapter. Is it OK?
ckw

Postby ckw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Thank you JussiH.

But I tried a 3S 11.1V battery before 6S, the result is the same. After that, I checked the motor and found it is used for 4-8S, then I changed a larger battery.
ckw

Postby kinderkram » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Ok, you should have tried 4s instead.
I overread the 6s...

So consider yourself lucky you didn´t burn the house down. ;)
kinderkram

Postby ckw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:28 pm

LOL Thank you Norbert. I will try 4s and 5s.
Hope it will work well
ckw

Next

Return to ESC32