[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problem with ESC32 or FutabaT8J config ? First flight failed

Problem with ESC32 or FutabaT8J config ? First flight failed

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Problem with ESC32 or FutabaT8J config ? First flight failed

Postby Dju » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 am

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do my first flight since two day without any succes.
I really need help, I'm losing my mind, it's really disappointed, I'm going to be crazy :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I flash the esc32 and I can see all the paramaters in the QGC, but with my 4 ESC32, I can't start the motor with the QGC.
I connect the esc with the ftdi( also the rx tx and gnd cable) I power the escs with my lipo, and I'm in V5 mode.
Everything seems good but nothing happens with the motors. I can see the led red blinking when i power and the green light up when i click on arm.... so I think everything should be fine..

When I power my model, every esc32 have the green led light up except one which has the red led blinkig=ng, so she doesn't be armed andd I don't know why....

My led receiver (futaba r2008sb) is red when I power the model and swith to green when I power my futaba T8J.
But nothing happens when i move the sticks...

My AQ board is red when i power the model and the led ready is blinking when i power the futaba T8J... and the gps led is blinking blue too....

I really don't understand what happens... I follow all the wiki and the differents discussion on thsi forum but I can't make my first flight :evil:
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Re: Problem with ESC32 or FutabaT8J config ? First flight fa

Postby LPR » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Have you been able to get a motor to work when you control a ESC32 with the only the Futaba receiver?

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LPR

Postby Dju » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm

No, how can I do that ? I have to power the esc and connect it to the receiver directly ?
After that power the futuba T8j and try to get the motor ?
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Postby Dju » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:10 pm

I did that, whiout any succes ...
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Postby Dju » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Actually, I hear a "beep" in continious when I power, it's the motors ? but I don't get the motor anyway
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi DJU,

which ESC32 Firmware version are you using?

I would do a quick test:
- REMOVE THE PROPS FROM YOUR MOTORS (just in case there were some attached already!)
- connect an FTDI to the ESC32
- flash the latest firmware to the ESC32 (esc32v2.1.0.r56.b6182.hex; you will find it on the FTP server ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529 in the 'esc32-firmware' folder)
- use QGC to verify you can ARM the ESC32
- connect a motor to the ESC32 power it on (attach LiPo)
- verify you can ARM the ESC32 --> the motor should beep!
- click on start --> the motor should run at low revolution

If this is working, change the number RPM field to i.e. 500 and click on set. If your motor is acceleration everything is fine so far. If not --> report back.

Next step would be to calibrate your motor+propeller combination. Which motors do you use?
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:27 pm

chschmid

Postby Dju » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks for your help,
I'm using esc32v2r49 from the download page.
Tomorrow morring I will try to follow your step aBUGSworstnightmare and Christof.

Actually, juste one of my esc32 can't be armed, the red led stay blinking all time, the 3 other switch in armed mode when I power the T8J, but nothing happens with the motors.
I test tomorrow and report back.
Thank for your help and for your time, it was really a sad day for me working on my drone without any success...
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Postby bluuu » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:31 am

Check also your TX settings, maybe you must reverse throttle channel.
bluuu

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to ESC32