[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: ESC32 with T-Motor U8-Pro

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:03 am

Hi TheBone,

what is your boom diameter? You can see/hear lots of vibrations.

Again, be sure to set a current limit for your ESC32.

Calibration finished, but did you try to accellerate the motor for simulating 'real-life-condistions'? You can do this by connecting a servo tester to the ESC32 PWM input or by QGC. I prefer to do it by QGC.

dummy.jpg
dummy.jpg (10.17 KiB) Viewed 14106 times

Arm the ESC32 and change the desired RPM i.e. to the max. RPM value (look at your voltage calibration values). By clicking set the motor will accelerate to the requested RPM.

ATTENTION: This can generate some quite impressive noise and smoke! Be sure to have a current limit set, otherwise your engine will get burned if it's not able to do this! The motor needs to be able to follow each load change without stalling! Try different values (accelerate/decelerate) until you're sure everything's fine.
I have made some successful calibration runs but the motor/prop was not able to follow each command --> you need to alter some parameters, do the calibration/test again until it works.

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Chris

I've played with eight U8 T-motors using the two piece 29" T-motor props and I found the props need to be carefully aligned to have them balanced.

To get the prop aligned I bolted the two piece prop together on the extra provided hub meant to be for shaft motors. I balanced the prop while in the vertical position by changing the alignment of the prop blades. I then used very thick cardboard template that fit halfway around the hub portion that is between the prop and the motor. Then I marked the position of the tips of the props so when the prop is bolted on the motor, your template can make it possible to realign the two piece prop to obtain a good prop balance.

If you can get the prop blades aligned you will have very little vibration but it's not easy.

I really don't like two piece props.

Larry
LPR

Postby TheBone » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:18 pm

TheBone

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:12 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby TheBone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:57 am

Hi Joerg,

Thank you for your infos. I knew what the meaning of the different tests, but i doesen't know the result files. I uploaded them and watched them as well and I think my max. current is far to low. Do you see anything else?
Thank you in advance.

Chris
Attachments
RPMTOVOLTAGE_RESULT.txt
(798 Bytes) Downloaded 777 times
CURRENTLIMITER_RESULT.TXT
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
Last edited by TheBone on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBone

Postby TheBone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:02 am

Last edited by TheBone on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBone

Postby TheBone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:12 am

TheBone

Postby LPR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:24 am

Christ

That noise you're hearing is the U8 losing sink because it's trying to change rpm faster then then motor is capable of.

You must lower the amps that you're calibrate the U8 with and lower the Max amps that you run the motors with.

If you look at the T-Motor charts for U8 motors and 29' props with 6s lipo you will see the max amps this combination uses is around 23 amps.

To be safe I would set the ESC32 to 20 amps for both calibration and for running the motors.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby TheBone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey, I'm the Christ. :P

I thought that I have to increase the max. amps to make the motor running smother. I'll try your tip and post the results, when it's done. Thank you.

EDIT:
I tested the MAX_CURRENT 40A and 20A and both have it pros. xD With 40A I have the most power. I can so to 100% Throttle and everything is fine. Poorly with 40A the motor starts not so smooth like I wish to be.
With 20A the motor starts very nice. The cons at 20A are, that at 65% Throttle it seems to be, that there is not enough power to rise the RPM up.
Any ideas?
TheBone

Postby LPR » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:02 am

Chris

You are using 5s lipos, right?

I don't know how high you could go with 5s lipos but I would guess around 30 amps. Changing timing from 15 to 20 or more might help smooth the motors some.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32