[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - RCTIMER 5010-14 (360Kv) with RCTIMER 17" Props Problem

RCTIMER 5010-14 (360Kv) with RCTIMER 17" Props Problem

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

RCTIMER 5010-14 (360Kv) with RCTIMER 17" Props Problem

Postby farooq_niaz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:55 pm

I have been trying to run RCTimer 5010 360Kv motor with RCTimer 17" and not quite successful. Here is the final setting that I got using QGC in windows.
esc32 parameters.jpg
esc32 parameters.jpg (123.29 KiB) Viewed 15738 times

1. First of all the motor doesn't start with default parameter using PWM pulse from autoquad in manual mode. I had to increase start voltage to 2.5v from 1.1v and max period to 30000 from 12000. Do you think its Ok

2. I tried current calibration on linux. but could not do the rpm to voltage calibration in linux as the test simply could not start the motor as motor got disarmed automatically(probably due to same reason as mentioned in 1)

3. I conducted the tests finally in QGC(CL and Rpm to voltage) with max current set at 11A(RCTimer motor has 10A max rating). Used these values and set the ESC in CL RPM mode.

4. I tied the motor to test bench connected the autoquad to it armed it and gave throttle in manual mode. Shook the aq board with hand to see if the motor runs fine. The motor sound is some how not quite correct. I am not sure if motor will keep running in air as it stopped a few times during bench test.

5. Can someone tell what should be timing advance angle for this motor(default is 10). If I Change it will I have to redo the calibration again

6. The motor reaches max current around 80% throttle. The throttle response doesn't seem linear
farooq_niaz

Re: RCTIMER 5010-14 (360Kv) with RCTIMER 17" Props Problem

Postby bn999 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:06 pm

I'd try 15 or even 20 deg advance.
bn999

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:31 pm

If the motor stopped while on the bench it will always stop, at the worst possible time while in the air.

You can lower the max amps till it won't stop on the bench and then you should be able to keep the motors running in the air but 17" props are large for the motor. 3s Lipo is all you should use. RC Time 15' and 17" props have poor quality control and if you measure the thrust they produce you'll find a lot of differences from one to the other, over 25%.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LPR

Postby farooq_niaz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:28 am

Changed motor timing to 22 degrees and did the calibration once again. But motor is still not syncing well. Strange thing is this quad flies well with simonk escs with the same motors and props
farooq_niaz

Postby fabietto_91 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 am

Hi!

I use sunnysky 380kv with 17"prop.
With default parameter, the motor runs fine only without prop.
Once prop mounted, the motor won't start...

I start tuning the parameter, and finally I get a decent motor startup with 17" prop using those parameter (see attachment)

Hope it can help. ;)
Attachments
380kv.JPG
380kv.JPG (99.11 KiB) Viewed 15701 times
fabietto_91

Postby farooq_niaz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:53 pm

farooq_niaz

Postby fabietto_91 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:37 pm

fabietto_91

Postby Para » Mon May 05, 2014 10:42 pm

You can't run the 5010 with ESC32, unfortunately. I had it on my test-rig for two days trying every concievable combination of adjustable parameters and couldn't find a set that works. And I'm pretty stubborn dealing with multicopter hardware :) Got 4 motors hand-rewound for gimbal use so far because the enamel burned on the test-rig.

Best match for 5010-360 seems to be HK F-20 running Wii-Esc with comp_pwm and +1 advance. On 4S with 16x6 rctimer props.
Para

Postby farooq_niaz » Tue May 06, 2014 5:39 pm

If one ESC can tackle so should esc 32. Need developer's advice
farooq_niaz

Postby Para » Tue May 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Well, 95% of the trouble is starting the motor...
Para

Next

Return to ESC32