[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 current live monitoring during calibration

ESC32 current live monitoring during calibration

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

ESC32 current live monitoring during calibration

Postby fabietto_91 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi all!
I'm new to Aq forum!!

I bought 6 ESC32 from flyduino, I have done the calibration of CL successfully, using GCS 1.3 and sunnysky x4108s 380kv and 16"props on 4s.
But, I saw some video on Youtube of ESC32 calibration done with command line in Linux, they can see LIVE ON SCREEN the pwm jump and the max current used for that jump-
I'm a Windows user, but Windows GCS don't show those parameters, it only runs the calibration routine, but i cannot know how many current is involved.

Can I see the current draw by motor during CL calibration using GCS 1.3 in Windows?

I know that i can hook up an amperometer directly to lipo.. But the esc 32 have the current sensor, so why use an external device? :)

Thank you for any advice.
Thank you

Fabio
fabietto_91

Re: ESC32 current live monitoring during calibration

Postby fabietto_91 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Ok, at this point I think it's better rephrase the question:
it's possible register a log from esc32?
(without using CAN bus, because I haven't yet an AutoQuad controller... maybe later...)

In the page of QGC 1.3 dedicated to esc 32, there is a "start log" button , but it does nothing. What is it?
Thank you for any advice.

Fabio
fabietto_91

Postby chschmid » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 pm

Fabio
the cal logs are written to the QGC folder anyway.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby bluuu » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 pm

You can use command line tool the same as under linux box.
bluuu

Postby fabietto_91 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:05 am

Thank you all for reply.

I was thinking to calibrate my ESC32 with Sunnysky x4108s 380kv, with 16"prop and 5s lipo, but fortunately I have read this discussion

My esc uses two 25v 220uF capacitors in parallel (I recieved those caps from flyduino, togheter with esc32)......
Disaster avoided with 5s!! I'll burn everything with 25v cap..

Now I'm planning to use two 330uF 63V for use on 5s, 30cm from esc to battery... I hope to avoid any trouble..

Thank you again.
fabietto_91

Return to ESC32