Upload settings to all connected ESC32 via AQ6

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Upload settings to all connected ESC32 via AQ6

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,

I'm struggling a little at the moment since the wiki is not quite clear on this point!

I want to upload the settings (calibration data, direction , ...) to my ESC32 via AQ6. The wiki (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/esc32/esc ... -autoquad/) tells us that we need to place a file called esc32.txt in the root of the uSD card and hit reset to start the process.

This is fine as long as only the calibration parameters needs to be uploaded (since they were eaqual for all connected ESC32), but how is the process if one wants to upload different settings (i.e. direction for each motor) to the ESC32?

Since the ESC32 were connected via PWM and each of them has it's 'dedicated port' this shouldn't be an (addressing) problem.
Is there a template ESC32.txt file which covers this issue? I think I've seen one but can't remeber where I found it :oops:
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Upload settings to all connected ESC32 via AQ6

Postby Max » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi Joerg, IIRC, only the parameters present in the esc32.txt file will be uploaded/changed. So if you delete anything port-specific from the config file, like the direction setting, then you can upload the same params to all ESCs and only have to change the direction manually on each one (or just reverse the motor wires like the old days :) ).

-Max
Max

Return to ESC32