[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Help programming ESC32

Help programming ESC32

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Help programming ESC32

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 am

I was wondering if someone could help me program my ESC32.

I don't have an FTDI, it is due here in 2 weeks but was trying to use my Arduino Nano as an FTDI. I took the Arduinos 5V, GRD, TX, and RX and connected to ESC 32 with TX and RX inverses.

I loaded the Arduino Nano example sketch "ArduinoISP" and set the the programmer in tools as "Arduiono As ISP"

I see the port when I start qgroundcontrol and it sees the arduino port but when I try to flash the ESC32 I get a fail. I did it with the boot pins and without.

Is the LED supposed to be off when it is in boot mode? Do I need to load a boot loader or is that part of the Atmel?
Last edited by Skripo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skripo

Re: Help programming ESC32

Postby chschmid » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:25 am

Try to flas with QGC 1.0.5. Dependig on the FW on the ESC32 I had this issue before althogh I was using FDTI cable.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:26 am

Where you using arduino nano? If so what wiring and am I doing it right?
Skripo

Postby Max » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:22 am

Can you provide more information about how you are using a Nano as a serial TTL converter?

Keep in mind the ESC32 is not Atmel/AVR based.

If you have the COM port already open in Arduino IDE, then QGC will not be able to communicate via that port.

You can skip the whole QGC part and try to program directly with the stm32flash utility (a 3rd party program included in QGC bin folder or downloadable onine). Mostly what QGC does is run that utility for you.

The ESC LEDs should be off when in bootloader mode.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

-Max
Max

Postby Kisssys » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Skripo

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:37 pm

I used cool term to connect and I am getting data. How do I confirm I am in boot loader mode? Then what command to I use to flash the hex? Can you give me an example of the serial command line?

Thanks.
Skripo

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:24 pm

I also wanted to mention that the only thing I soldered to the board was an FTDI connector. Is that enough to power the logic side? Do I need to solder on cap on as well?
Skripo

Postby Kisssys » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 pm

With the boot pads shorted and you repower and don't get a green light your probably in boot mode. Now use QGC to flash it. Go to config/firmware update and select esc32. Select the port and file and it should connect and flash. Make sure you don't have the serial port open to the AQ board. Only one port at a time.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Kisssys » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Next

Return to ESC32