[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Help programming ESC32

Help programming ESC32

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: Help programming ESC32

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Do the boot bars need to remain shorted or only on boot?
Skripo

Postby chschmid » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 pm

chschmid

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Kept shorted and it said,:

Connecting to ESC32...

Serial link connected. Attemtping bootloader mode...

Failed to enter bootloader mode.

Is there any chance the boot loader is corrupt? Isn't hardcoded in the STM32?

Maybe I need to kill the amega328 on the Arduino Nano in case it alters I/O?
Skripo

Postby Kisssys » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Bootloader is is hard coded. May be the Atmega goofing it up.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Skripo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Thats my take. It connects fine but sending commands to atmega rather than FTDI

There is a way to force constant reset to disable atmega, will try that. A sketch would have been nice but I'm not a programmer.
Skripo

Postby JussiH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:05 am

You are saying that you loaded ArduinoISP, right?

ArduinoISP is solely for "In System Programming" of AVR (Atmel) chips, and thus it wont work as a USB to Serial converter.

AFAIK, there no way to use a 328-based arduino as a serial adapter. The small duinos only have 1 hardware serial and its already in use when you connect to the Arduino IDE. You may be able to use an Arduino mega since it has 4 serials.
JussiH

Postby Kisssys » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:43 am

I think he understands what's going on, as I mentioned early on if you don't know what your doing you can cause harm. I just Flashed 2.0v49 using the FTDI part of a nano. I'm brave and used a 5 volt nano just to see if the pins are in fact 5 volt tolerant. I had to connect on the FTDI side of the 1k isolation resistors. If you don't have the resistors on the board, mine is in a 4 resistor package then your out of luck.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Skripo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:53 am

Could you share some more info and help me identify what pins the ones you mention are so I can check for resistors?

Thanks.
Skripo

Postby Kisssys » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:52 am

If this doesn't make sense to you then you should probably wait until you get a proper FTDI cable. You should use a 3v3 nano or put 1k resistors in series with the TX and RX lines to insure you are 3v3 volt safe and if you reverse them you will do no harm.

I drew the black lines to make it obvious those points are connected.

nanoFTDI.JPG
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Skripo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:22 am

I was using 5v.

Place opens tomorrow and seeing the day is shot I will get it tomorrow if mine does not show up. Which ftdi do you recommend? Basic 3v basic 5v or basic friendly?
Skripo

PreviousNext

Return to ESC32