[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Help programming ESC32

Help programming ESC32

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: Help programming ESC32

Postby Skripo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 pm

So I set it up on a PC and 1.3 works fine, I can read all of the units and they display the defaults as they should. I suspect the Mac issue is baud rate related.

I tried to lower the baud rate from the PC but then I lose all communications. I reset the board with power cycle and chose the new baud rate but it doesn't take.

It seems to stick to 230400. Any idea why?
Last edited by Skripo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skripo

Postby Kisssys » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 pm

The ESC32 works at 23040 baud. I think you would have to compile the code to change it's baud rate.

I usually just use a tweezer's to short the pads as I apply power, once it's in boot mode it stay's.

Now that you have the software updated you should be able to flash with QGC without shorting the pads.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby bluuu » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 pm

230400 is correct
bluuu

Postby Skripo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm

I got it to work on the Mac with QGCS 1.3.

I reinstalled the VCP drivers and even went to so far as to install the D2XX drivers, no luck.

I had to click on communication and select the /dev/tty.usbXXXX driver and I noticed it was connected. I disconnected and bam, the ESC32 connected no problem. I guess QGCS allows you to use multiple ports to communicate with several modules. Once I freed up the port, it all worked.

Make sure to go to preferences and deselect the "Automatically reconnect last link on startup" or you will have to do this every time.

This must be the issue that *some* mac users run into.

Thank you all for your help.
Last edited by Skripo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skripo

Postby Skripo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Skripo

Postby Max » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Any QGC version should work with that fw. Which OS X?

Can you connect to the ESC directly via a terminal program? And give it commands? What are the ESC lights doing?

How did you flash the fw, via QGC or directly via smt32flash?

-Max
Max

Postby Skripo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 am

Mavericks, everything works as mentioned above.

What a great forum, thank you all!
Skripo

Postby Max » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:31 am

Whoa, how did my post end up down here? :? Oh well, glad you got it sorted! :)

-Max
Max

Previous

Return to ESC32