[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - MN3510-15 630KV + RCTimer 13x5.5 CFK prop - ESC32 calib

MN3510-15 630KV + RCTimer 13x5.5 CFK prop - ESC32 calib

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: MN3510-15 630KV + RCTimer 13x5.5 CFK prop - ESC32 calib

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:56 am

Hi,

just finished setting up a Linux (ubuntu) PC as described here http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/esc32/esc32-calibrations/

Will use this one to run esc32Cal for further testing.
Will the linux version generate the related graphs (using plplot) automatically or will I have do start it by my own )if yes, how?)?

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby bluuu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:00 am

look at my video

After calibration run is finished you can choose 1 of 5 options to generate graph (probably 2 is the best)
Then you can type name of file and grapf will be generated automaticaly in *.ps format
bluuu

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Unfortunately, my Linux PC failed when I tried to run it at home (well, was salvaged from parts, so no real problem) :evil: , but I took the chance to change some parameters ans re-run the calibration.

I've ran the calibration with an overall current limit set to 25A and a calibration current of 21A.

I've changed:
ADVANCE 16.00
START_VOLTAGE 2.80
SWITCH_FREQ 14.0

Find the results enclosed.

What do you guys think? I'm waiting for new props to arrive (e-Prop 12x6 and RC Timer 1255T) to compare to these results.
What could be improved (I think I will have to lower the start voltage, do I?)? Will try another switching frequency since I don't like the 14kHz :?

Rgds
Joerg
Attachments
RPMTOVOLTAGE_RESULT_25A_21A.txt
(969 Bytes) Downloaded 734 times
esc32_25A_21A.txt
(894 Bytes) Downloaded 745 times
CURRENTLIMITER_RESULT_25A_21A.TXT
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Joerg

If the mots start nice... But 2.6V is high.
I used 12KHz on the MN3508 - 700 and 22° advance with a 12x4 prop with good results.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi Christof,

I've found your results; will test them later.

Got some 'inspiration' from here http://www.microcopters.de/artikel/tige ... ator-serie --> same motor but even larger prop. So it should be possible to get this beast running on 13in..

What is your starting voltage for the 1240 prop? Am I right when saying that starting voltage depends on switching frequency too?

Testtesttest to follow.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:53 pm

chschmid

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:32 am

@Joerg: I will contact you tomorrow. I was able to calibrate them up to more than 20A with the Tiger 15" CF-Prop and always made sure that they even commutate without problems when I set max throttle and hit the start button.

@Christof: 2.6V isn't abnormal for this motor. I think I had to go up to even 2.8V, if I remember correctly.
r0sewhite

Previous

Return to ESC32