[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Unable to change settings, first time

Unable to change settings, first time

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Re: Unable to change settings, first time

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I have one out of 8 new ESC32 that can be flashed with the std FDTI cable but not configured.
When connecting the FDTI to the ESC32 the com port even vanishes from the PC.
My workaround: Using vb Option and only connect Tx, Rx, Gnd.

Another problem occured at flashing with QGC 1.3.0
The flashing process needs the boot pads connected (while flashing) and finishes with a "ok" message. But the flashed fw is not stored. Using QGC 1.0.5 does the trick. After the ESC32 is flashed with QGC 1.0.5 you can proceed with QGC 1.3.0.
After FW 2.0 R49 is on the ESC32 the boot pads are not needed anymore for flashing.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby KipK » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks, you've pointed me in the right direction.

I needed to use QGC 1.0.5 to flash it to latest version. It didn't worked when i've flahed the firmware using StLoader.

Everything is ok now. :)
KipK

Postby chschmid » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 pm

You are welcome.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Max

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 am

Morning Max

No, this was a new piece I ordered and used to do the thrust and torque tables.

I have no clue why it behaves like this.
1. When I put the Esc32 in bootloader mode and remove the boot pads connection before flashing with QGC 1.3 it some how reboots and is back to normal operation mode, flash fails.
2. When flashing with QGC 1.3.0 and boot pads connected, the process ends as expected. After reboot, I shoud be able to connect an see the values in QGC. QGC 1.3.0 says connected, but no values show up. Only after flshing with 1.0.5 all works as expected.

I have some ESC32 on the way. I post my finding on the new ones when they arrive.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Previous

Return to ESC32