[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Esc's get disarmed after bumpy landing

Esc's get disarmed after bumpy landing

Info and Discussion about the ESC32 hardware and software

Esc's get disarmed after bumpy landing

Postby Astudillo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

One or more esc's get disabled when i land my quad a little bit bumpy.
First i thought it was a loose contact, but after i put my throttle down they get armed again.

Here's a little video i made last night.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/GcMSSHZQQDw[/youtube]

As you can see sometimes the other esc(s) keep a good connection and still react to the throttle.

Does anyone know what the cause could be?

I use a Autoquad as fc and ESC32's for the speed controllers.

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Re: Esc's get disarmed after bumpy landing

Postby bn999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Never seen that before. Since it seems you can recreate it at will, would it be possible to attach a serial cable to an ESC after it has disabled itself to see what the disarm reason is?
bn999

Postby Astudillo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Astudillo

Postby sandmen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:08 pm

@Astudillo,
can you please read out the disarm reason from esc32?
Laptop, putty (or any serial terminal proggi), make connection, and type status.
Oh, didn't see Bill's answer.
sandmen

Postby Astudillo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Astudillo

Postby Astudillo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Ok Guys,

This is the output the ESC gave me

ESC1

.[JINPUT MODE PWM
RUN MODE OPEN_LOOP
ESC STATE DISARMED
PERCENT IDLE 47.95
COMM PERIOD 113.00
BAD DETECTS 62
FET DUTY 0.00
RPM 0.00
AMPS AVG -0.03
AMPS MAX 35.01
BAT VOLTS 16.53
MOTOR VOLTS 0.00
DISARM CODE 1

And ESC2

.[JINPUT MODE PWM
RUN MODE OPEN_LOOP
ESC STATE DISARMED
PERCENT IDLE 43.99
COMM PERIOD 96.00
BAD DETECTS 521
FET DUTY 0.00
RPM 0.00
AMPS AVG 0.00
AMPS MAX 33.01
BAT VOLTS 16.49
MOTOR VOLTS 0.00
DISARM CODE 1

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby bn999 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Disarmed due to too many bad ZC detects. I suspect that when it machine hits the ground there is a momentary large demand for throttle. Not the high max current reading.

What do you have your current limiters set to?

What motors are you using?
bn999

Postby Astudillo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Bill,

i'm using T-motor 3110's which are rated at max 21Amps, so the 35 and 33Amps could be the problem. The current limiter calibration i did with max 15Amps. But in the qgc my max current is still at 0.0, so i will adjust it and try it again!

Cheers,

Ray
Astudillo

Postby bn999 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:34 pm

That is most likely your problem. Unlike other ESCs, the current limiter in ESC32 does more than just limit the max current. It controls how much voltage the motor is given from timestep to timestep. Without limit, you will have problems up to and including a fried motor.

For anyone reading this post in the future: unless you know exactly what you are doing, you must have a MAX_CURRENT set to something sane above 0.
bn999

Postby Astudillo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Hey Guys,

I adjusted the MAX_CURRENT setting to 15 amps(the max that i could go with on the current limiter calibration). And had no problems anymore. :D
Astudillo

Return to ESC32